Whelen MPC01

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
http://10-99products.com/UsedSirens.aspx at the bottom of the page. I've bought multiple items from this guy including 90% of the lights and equipment I own. He has the MPC01 w/o the wiring harness but has the amp. and contol head. I've got 2 questions...can I use this with LED's b/c all of the stuff I've researched on it says it's used w/ a BLink strobe bar. So I'm kinda confused on that. And number 2 is can I buy a wiring harness from Whelen for or am I screwed w/ that. I'm gonna call em on Monday, but I'm just trying to get a second opinion.

Thanks guys!

Caleb

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
There's a serial controlled relay box required to activate non-serial controlled items.

gman021

Dec 8, 2010
CT
I just bought my MPC01 and BL627 and im hooking them up now. The control head requires a communication cable, aux cable(I dont plan on using it), and a power cable that does the backlighting and some other pointless stuff. Not including the harness needed for the BL627.

The BL627 harness(9 pin) can be bought of eBay and then you just need to solder the wires and the pins together at the right spots. As for the MPC01, it uses very thin (maybe 20 gauge) wires and connecters that are hard to find.

The mpc01 wires are the most important, and I don't believe they can be purchased from whelen. I looked on their website and didn't see replacement parts for it.

Do yourself a favor and buy everything together.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.