Whelen Par 46 Dual Color

Whelen P46S heads are spectacular.

Here are two examples of the output from a P46S2R from video captures: "As Seen On TV"

1103_fw_fatal2.jpg

1028_samaritan_killed03.jpg

(Note the road reflection on the bottom picture)

These are two different incidents. As a comparison, the same car has the halogen BL10K 27W take downs on.

If you want a red spotlight as warning, and a white spotlight tactically, then this is what you need.

The P46S2R by default on is: 12 white LEDs; toggle; 6 red LEDs SigAlert (;toggle back to white, etc).

The head will also flash white and red alternately in all the standard flash patterns.

Of course, "one back" from default is Steady Red.

This is an 8 degree beam spread, and the light is ample bright.

But I replaced it with a P46S2X (California)

Default is on: 6 red LEDs Steady Red; toggle; 12 white LEDs (;toggle back, etc).

The head will also flash red and white alternately in all the approved California flash patterns (the Red flashes too.. staying on Steady with a white flash is not an option, and why I don't know).

I also have a P46FLR. 8 degree spread, steady only, 18 Red LEDs - incredibly bright. Actually three times brighter than what is pictured.

This can not be missed by other motorists downstream or a violator on a traffic stop. The red throws enough light to be of some tactical value, also.

This is external, and will not interfere with an in car camera.

For slicktops it is perfect, for a few reasons: It can be pointed in any direction for warning; It can be pointed on an angle down at the adjacent traffic lane and gives off a fussee-like effect; It can be pointed at a building (think 175) so the wrecker can find you in a parking lot.

If you need a sublime Steady Red spotlight, then this may be your best modern choice.

SN will drop ship to your house, too.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timmoyer1