Wanted Whelen PAR36 SuperLED Lights - 2007-2014 Tahoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is also posted under Dealers for any Whelen Dealers as well, so I hope this doesn't violate the double post thing. This is for non-dealers to see...

Trying to find a pair of NOS or working used Whelen LINZ6 round fog lights for a 2007-2014 Chevy Tahoe.

Whelen Part Number: FDCT10JR
Whelen Description: Round Fog Lights, Combination Interleaved White Super-LED® Driving Light and Blue over Red Warning Light, with Clear Extended Lens

I've been in contact with the Whelen mothership, and they no longer make these lights in PAR36 (4.5 inch). The rep suggested I try calling dealers and searching for someone who has them NOS, or finding them on *bay.

I will even take used ones that have come off decommissioned trucks as long as they are still functional. I have the Tahoe brackets, so I can get by with just the bulbs themselves (although I will happily take the brackets too if that's the only way to get them).

I'm at a loss, so I would really appreciate any help I can get.

David

The Light:
whelen-red-blue-fog-light-jpg.210736

I saw those...both sets (in fact all the ones on *bay right now) are 4 inch (PAR32). They are too small for the hole. I have a set of these lights in R/B for my Tahoe and they fit snugly. I NEED the same ones with the driving light option, so I have finally figured out exactly what I need...just can't find it.

I would also take one R and one B with the Super LED Driving lights if I could find them, but I would prefer the R/B option in both lights if I can find it.

I've even toyed with the idea of getting a set of the 4", and using closed-foam weather stripping to put a 'gasket' around the bulb so it will fit in the housing snugly...I'm just afraid that will look a little too hack-jobbed, and may not be stable enough from vibration damage.

They should be 4", not 4 1/2"

No, it is actually a 4.5 inch bulb. Whelen still makes the 4 inch versions. That is what the newer Expeditions and Durangos take. If the 4 inch would work, this would be unnecessary, because I already have the bracket...I only need the bulbs...I would order the lights for an Expedition or a Harley and just swap the brackets. The 07-14 Tahoes took a PAR36 4 1/2" bulb, attached to a Tahoe-specific bracket. As I said, I already have a set of Red/Blues that fit, but they don't have the SuperLED white driving lights, and I want that option. That's why I'm considering the 4" version and using all-weather foam insulation to make them fit.

Attached is a picture of the bulb with my tape showing the diameter.
20180211_201616.jpg

The bracket tag states "PAR32" which is a 4 inch, but the bulb is actually a PAR36. It fits in the tunnel on the Tahoes right at the opening. This allows the light from the bulb to be visible to the side. I think if the bracket allowed the bulb to fit snugly back in the tunnel, a 4" PAR32 would fit.
Tahoe fog light housing.jpg

20180211_201542.jpg 20180211_201548.jpg
I verified all this information with a person at Whelen HQ in Connecticut when I called looking for the bulbs.

I don't have a 4" version to do size-testing with, so if you have better information than I, please let me know. I'd gladly buy the 4" and go from there. But when I fitted this set to my Tahoe, it fit snugly in the tunnel right at the mouth, with the clear lens protruding out so it was visible to the side, like it was made to be there.

David

Last edited:

octoberguy77

May 15, 2014
Indianapolis, IN
Ok, I wasnt aware or have not seen any of those...so they make 2 sizes of the same EXACT LEDs that match... just slightly a different size? Im still learning a little it seems.

Ok, I wasnt aware or have not seen any of those...so they make 2 sizes of the same EXACT LEDs that match... just slightly a different size? Im still learning a little it seems.

They actually made three, with two still in production.

PAR28's (3.5") fit all or most late-model Chargers.
PAR32's (4") fit late-model Expeditions and Durangos, and Harley motorcycles in the aux light housings (I was told by Whelen).
PAR36's (4.5") were for 2007-2014 Tahoes and Suburbans with round fog lights. Now out of production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.