Whelen PCC8R Assistance....

rmoni317

Oct 3, 2012
New York
Okay I just joined the forums here and this is my first post. Sorry to repeat old threads but my searching didn't turn up with what I actually needed. I just purchased the Whelen PCC8R 8Function Control Relay and I figured out the yellow wire will be what I need to power all my equipment. I was wondering and I did notice someone mention it but not advance on it if you could possibly use one of the switches to power all others. It was mentioned using a diode but I cannot figure it out.

This is what I would like to do:

Switch 1 - Main Power (ALL LIGHTS)

Switch 2 - Front Grille

Switch 3 - Headlight Strobes

Switch 4 - Momentary Air Horn Button

Switch 5 - Rear Flasher

Switch 6 - Rear Warning

Switch 7 - Left Arrow

Switch 8 - Right Arrow

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Jtsou

Nov 6, 2011
NC
I assume you would need diodes in order to be able to power all lights at once, and them power them separately, or else when you power on one light, it would backfeed and power them all.

rmoni317

Oct 3, 2012
New York
Jtsou said:
I assume you would need diodes in order to be able to power all lights at once, and them power them separately, or else when you power on one light, it would backfeed and power them all.

I have never used diodes so I wouldn't know what to do unless explained a little bit more.. I know someone on here has done it before but it seems they might not be around anymore.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
I'll try to keep it simple, as it's hard to illustrate in text form.

The PCC8R has 8 available switching stations, we'll call these 1-8. Now, you have 7 pieces of equipment (or groups of equipment, or whatever else) to be switched by 2-8 and everything will come on with 1. Still with me? We'll call these A-G.

A-G will each have their own wires and those wires will run to 2-8 with a diode placed inline. Also, all the wires will run to 1 with a diode inline for each wire. This will prevent backflow of current to other loads when say switch 4 is selected.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheHumanCop

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.