Whelen piercer II

FFRNDAN

May 23, 2010
Malvern, OH
Just bolted my edge bar to my 09 Tacoma, and the first thing I noticed was how yellowed the lenses look on my piercer compared to my TDs. Is there a way to take apart the piercer so the lenses can be freshened up? Thanks!

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
FFRNDAN` said:
Just bolted my edge bar to my 09 Tacoma, and the first thing I noticed was how yellowed the lenses look on my piercer compared to my TDs. Is there a way to take apart the piercer so the lenses can be freshened up? Thanks!

The lenses are glued in place...so you may endup damaging the unit trying to remove them. I would use a cleaner to remove the yellowing.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
OK, I'll bite. What is the razor blade for?

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
I would be more afraid of using the blade, but that's just me. lol

jersey1721

Mar 6, 2011
on the river
PC Comms said:
I would be more afraid of using the blade, but that's just me. lol

hey use clean motor oil right out of the bottle just a little dab on a rag wipe it on and then wipe it off it should take most the yellow out thank use turtle wax put a little of that on let it sit for bout 6 mins or so then wipe it off should work i do it with all my old led bars.

FFRNDAN

May 23, 2010
Malvern, OH
The razor blade is for scraping the top-most little bit of lens off, which removes most of the yellowed plastic. Then you just get some plastic buffing compound and go to town.

Medicman695

May 27, 2011
USA, MN
You can also buy a brand new replacemount housing/lens on ebay for $90. Thats what I did worked great.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.