Whelen ripple edge 9000 bar

irishff

May 24, 2010
SW Missouri
Galls sold these back in the 90s both as a full size and mini. You could order strobe or halogen bars, this was the halogen version. They only had them for a short time. This goes in the same boat as the Whelen advantage OSC. It was a cheaper version they marketed toward less financially able individuals. I would put some good fluted lenses on it and sell it as collectible. I wouldn't say it's Aurora rare, but there weren't a lot made, and of those that were no many are still around in the true form. So cool.

Galls sold these back in the 90s both as a full size and mini. You could order strobe or halogen bars, this was the halogen version. They only had them for a short time. This goes in the same boat as the Whelen advantage OSC. It was a cheaper version they marketed toward less financially able individuals. I would put some good fluted lenses on it and sell it as collectible. I wouldn't say it's Aurora rare, but there weren't a lot made, and of those that were no many are still around in the true form. So cool.
its likely going into a 55" frame with new lenses and replacing the MX7000 on my buddies truck

irishff

May 24, 2010
SW Missouri
its likely going into a 55" frame with new lenses and replacing the MX7000 on my buddies truck

That's almost disappointing. From a collection standpoint, I'd love to have it. If it gets moved to a different frame it'll take away from the originality of it. God forbid something happen to it while its on that car.

Reactions: Tony P
That's almost disappointing. From a collection standpoint, I'd love to have it. If it gets moved to a different frame it'll take away from the originality of it. God forbid something happen to it while its on that car.
ill be keeping the factory frame on the shelf to restore it back later, and the only special thing to it is the control and brackets, rest is just standard 9000 bulbs

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
We have a mini version in our collection... It doesn't give off that sweet "ripple" effect like yours though. 28" 9000 Series mini, 2 front, 2 rear, 1 each side halogen flashers. We originally thought it was a strange "home-Brew" light until we opened it up and did some research... Neat lights for sure...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.