Whelen SA380-U siren speaker

kerry4951

This one will need a little refreshing but its got the rare goose neck crossbar mount so its worth grabbing. The 380 versions were painted, so this one will easily be restored back to what it should look like.s-l1600 (30).jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg

cmb56

A very nice find.
I do not think it look to bad. This one is in a good used state. I have seen speakers in much worse conditions.

Michael

OP
OP
kerry4951

kerry4951

A very nice find.
I do not think it look to bad. This one is in a good used state. I have seen speakers in much worse conditions.

Michael
Yea, thats what I thought too. I restored the longer chrome version awhile back and that one was in much worse shape. The speaker was all dented up.

toon80

Veteran Member
I have been looking for one of those for about 8 years before finally finding one Last summer. A beautiful piece !

toon80

Veteran Member
I have been looking for one of those for about 8 years before finally finding one Last summer. A beautiful piece !

Marty1

knowing the 380 is shorter than the 390, is there any replacement parts for the bell and reentry cone? Or similar parts from another manufacturer?

toon80

Veteran Member
I'll post the 3D print process when I have some more time. There's some old school technology along with brand new stuff to get this bell done. It also looks to be pretty tough, being round shaped. I'd say that mounted on a car going full speed, it would hold up just fine.

dmathieu

Premium Member
Just a thought.... On these Whelen bars I use a socket cap screw to hold the lights and speaker on the bar. These screws have a small head that fits into the slot and remain hidden. These are tightened by using an Allen wrench which fits into the slot. This eliminates the visible bolt heads and washers.
I'm not criticizing, just giving you an idea.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Canadaled

Secure Browsing

Top Bottom