Whelen strobe power supply help - VPPS2E

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Need help with wiring on a 2 head PS with flying leads, model # VPPS2E. Wire colors are orange, blk/white, and white. From what I could find, it appears that other Whelen supplies with this wiring layout equate the orange to red, the black/white to black, and the white to white. Would this be correct here? I tried this without success.

Also, of the 6 wires, does it matter which of the 3 are paired together; IE, does a certain orange have to be paired with a certain blk/wht... and so-on.

Thanks!!

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
That works... I looked all over for it, searched Whelen, and couldn't find it... Thanks!!!

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
OK, that's how I had them and it didn't work. Any ideas on the wire pairing?

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
anyone? Retested them today. Nothing happens and the boxes get super, super hot.

towman88

May 21, 2010
Sweetwater, TN
Yeah i got two off ebay and one did the same thing... told the seller they sent me one more and it did the same thing soo i said im done. Was going to use them to power parts of a edge bar the one works fine.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
towman88 said:
Yeah i got two off ebay and one did the same thing... told the seller they sent me one more and it did the same thing soo i said im done. Was going to use them to power parts of a edge bar the one works fine.

Ditto. Would have been nice to mount under the hood. Oh well, refund received. And, locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frenchman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.