Whelen strobe power supply help - VPPS2E

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Need help with wiring on a 2 head PS with flying leads, model # VPPS2E. Wire colors are orange, blk/white, and white. From what I could find, it appears that other Whelen supplies with this wiring layout equate the orange to red, the black/white to black, and the white to white. Would this be correct here? I tried this without success.

Also, of the 6 wires, does it matter which of the 3 are paired together; IE, does a certain orange have to be paired with a certain blk/wht... and so-on.

Thanks!!

That works... I looked all over for it, searched Whelen, and couldn't find it... Thanks!!!

OK, that's how I had them and it didn't work. Any ideas on the wire pairing?

anyone? Retested them today. Nothing happens and the boxes get super, super hot.

Yeah i got two off ebay and one did the same thing... told the seller they sent me one more and it did the same thing soo i said im done. Was going to use them to power parts of a edge bar the one works fine.

towman88 said:
Yeah i got two off ebay and one did the same thing... told the seller they sent me one more and it did the same thing soo i said im done. Was going to use them to power parts of a edge bar the one works fine.

Ditto. Would have been nice to mount under the hood. Oh well, refund received. And, locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381