Whelen Super AdvantEdge saved from thrash

Thomas1234

Oct 4, 2016
Nterhelands
Nice folks at the Animal ambulance updated there old lights to led. I was just in time to save these 2 and a half bars from the thrash, the engineer would have waited one week before he would thrown them all away.

The Super AdvantEdge 5000 light bar is a flush mounted bar, and bigger then the normal AdvantEdge, equipped with 2 rotators and 3 halogen lights. Also the lenses do have a rounded profile. Don't see them often!

680381_113829662114917_192816754_o.jpg

Super_01.jpg

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Awesome find! You had some great luck finding those!

Rene Foppes

Aug 15, 2010
Amsterdam Netherlands
Thomas and I met up last week and we traded some parts with eachother (thanks again ;) ), so now I have in my collection for the first time this Super AdvantEdge Plus lightbar, in parts at this time.

Are there still lenses available for this one? With the 2 frames I now have I would like to make a red/clear setup on 1 of the 2?
Not to hijack this topic Thomas ;) I'll open up a new one myself as well, thanks again for the trade!

gtpts27

Jul 1, 2017
Virginia
This site has some stuff. http://www.fixmyambulance.com/category-s/1840.htm I contacted them a few months back and they said they could special order 4000 series lenses (he confirmed that when I questioned him... I didn’t think 4000 were still available). I didn’t end up buying any - so still unsure whether actually true - but perhaps they can do same for 5000 series.

I have a 4000 and 4500 flush mount and have ocassionally seen some 5000 stuff on eBay in my searches for 4000/4500 stuff.

Reactions: Rene Foppes

Rene Foppes

Aug 15, 2010
Amsterdam Netherlands
No problem, @Rene Foppes , (happy with the trade!) there's this site in Ohio, maybe they still sell some lenses...http://www.parrpse.com/product619.html (if you're going to buy some, let me know ;-)

Those prices are pretty high for some lenses but it's at least one address where they got the stuff...
I do have the rotators myself, with the larger reflector, the halogen 600 units as well, that will be no problem.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
@thebluesignal

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.