Whelen Tracer Help

Advancedstreet

May 10, 2024
New Jersey
I obtained a WeCanX Trio 6 module tracer and it came with the tracer control box/flasher, how does that connect to the Wecanx control point, wiring wise?

I obtained a WeCanX Trio 6 module tracer and it came with the tracer control box/flasher, how does that connect to the Wecanx control point, wiring wise?
If your tracer came with a control box, it is not a WCX tracer. The old, non WCX tracers went to a control box, and that control box was like a Low Current control, with trigger wires. A WCX tracer will not come with that box, but just a long shielded cable with Power, Ground, and 2 data wires.

If your tracer came with a control box, it is not a WCX tracer. The old, non WCX tracers went to a control box, and that control box was like a Low Current control, with trigger wires. A WCX tracer will not come with that box, but just a long shielded cable with Power, Ground, and 2 data wires.
Oh alright, do you know if there’s a guide for it then? I can’t find info for it anywhere.

Ive only done Duo Tracers like this, and this is going off of memory.. Red and black are power and ground. Grey is sync. Purple is Low Power, or Cruise, can’t remember. White/violet is Scan Lock. I think that the white/green and white/yellow were directional. On duo, blue and orange were the flash wires. The Yellow wire was a mode wire. Im not sure what the third color wire is, or how that works. When I get back to work on Monday, Ill see if I have any old paperwork laying around.

Ive only done Duo Tracers like this, and this is going off of memory.. Red and black are power and ground. Grey is sync. Purple is Low Power, or Cruise, can’t remember. White/violet is Scan Lock. I think that the white/green and white/yellow were directional. On duo, blue and orange were the flash wires. The Yellow wire was a mode wire. Im not sure what the third color wire is, or how that works. When I get back to work on Monday, I’ll see if I have any old paperwork laying around.
Thank you I really appreciate it. Im gonna mess around with it more and see if I can figure it out

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNConstable