Whelen Tri colour lightbar

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
I'm sure someone must have posted about this before, but I can't find it so sorry if I'm duplicating an earlier post.

Whelen has released a tri-colour lightbar. $3705 on Sirennet.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
For that kind of money, I'd take a fully populated freedom (and pocket the money saved)!

Then again, why put all that money into the lightbar alone...I mean, for $3800 (and just think how some installers will charge even more at full MSRP), you could deck out a whole vehicle with a comprehensive lighting package w/ plenty of perimeter warning on all sides, half a dozen LAWs, full rear interior deck light, and a fully loaded Libby, legend, etc

Last edited by a moderator:

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
These lightbars are gorgeous. I mean, as far as the collector is concerned. These, along with all the other color changing lightbars on the market are awesome. I would love to have them in my collection.

However:

:eek:

Good Lord, the pricetag! These lightbars are unbelievably expensive. I'm sure they are worth every penny, but I just can't see a lot of your smaller municipalities going for these big ticket lightbars. I wonder if this is the trend for emergency lighting in the future. I never would have thought the lightbar would account for 3-4,000 dollars worth of a police car's bottom line. I wonder if these LED lightbars are ever going to drop in price.

That being said, I would think strobe and halogen lightbars still have a place in today's marketplace. I would think there would still be departments out there that would purchase halogen lightbars, since they still offer a decent amount of light for the fraction of what an LED bar would cost.

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
These are nothing new. Whelen's been marketing the Trio Liberties for well over a year now. They're WeCan only, and interface well with CanTrol and CenCom Sapphire. We've sold a handful to a few large fire departments for command/battalion vehicles with green as the tertiary color, and they've done fairly well in those modes.

The price is prohibitive, yes, but they do have their place in certain situations.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.