Whelen UPS64LX vs. UPS-188C

cromwell

Aug 30, 2010
Finland, Europe
Hi everybody!

I have these two strobe power supplies, one Whelen UPS64LX and one UPS-188C.

One I am going to trade away with a friend and one will I keep in my collection.

Now my question is, which one is more "rare" or have more value??

If I understand this right you can only change the flash-patterns on the UPS64LX and not on the UPS-188C.

But then again the UPS-188C has 8 outlets and the UPS64LX only four...

Which one would you guys keep ??

cromwell

Aug 30, 2010
Finland, Europe
03crownvic said:
Obviously, keep the 8 head, but don't let it sit too long without being fired up or it will go bad, as most power supplies will do.

How often should I fire up my power supplies??

Now I am first thinking about my strobe lightbars (Whelen edge, 9m, model 8000, FS Jetstrobe).

For example:

If I would leave these strobe lightbars untouched for let´s say about 4-5 years, could then the power supplies have gone bad after that??

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.