Whelen Vertex vs. Soundoff LED Inserts???

engine159

Nov 3, 2010
Long Island, NY
I was wondering your opinions on which one is better...Whelen Vertex or Soundoff LED Inserts. To be honest, I am a huge Whelen fan but finding Amber/ Clear vertex's in stock is quite tricky and the Soundoff LED Inserts in Amber/Clear are a lot easier to get. Any suggestions?

i honestly think you'll be happy with either of the products; both are great. the only thing i would recommend, though, is go with 1 amber and 1 clear, as i really hate splits and feel they don't have as much effectiveness as solid colors (since only 1/2 the LEDs are flashing at once)

So I called many companies and all were out of stock of the amber/ clear vertexs. I had to go with the soundoff led inserts instead due to their availability. I am generally a Whelen fan but the person who these lights are for needs them ASAP. Plus, it is going in a trailblazer and only have the clear reverse lights to put them in the rear and he wanted amber and clear. I will be sure to post pictures and videos when it is done. Thanks

You can also check the review sub forum, I've personally compared a bunch of the LAW's on the market currently.

I'd recommend the SOS over the whelen vertex. Brighter light output, and the lens options just make it that much better.

As someone else already suggested, I strongly recommend against getting dual color law's. Light output during the day will not be as effective with split color LAW's

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381