When did the mx7000 mate with the Vector

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
So I have had MX7000's before as project bars, so I know a thing or two about them. The other day I was messing around with one of the local city squads and saw that when I turned on the alley lights, it was actually the sweep lights that turned back to a preset point. When I activated the emergency switch, those same sweeps then turned into well sweeps. Did the mx7000s also do this? I never noticed that before! Was cool! :ugeek:

CenTexPSE

May 21, 2010
Covington, TX
That bar has smart intersection sweeps. Function as takedowns, alleys, and intersection sweeps.

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
Why have I never heard of this before? Is it a internal module that allows it to do that or just have to apply + to wires?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
EVT said:
Why have I never heard of this before? Is it a internal module that allows it to do that or just have to apply + to wires?

Looks like a code 3 flasher/sting ray control box....

You can mod it with a flasher box and a relay to make the stationary lights flash as well....

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
It was a factory option on the early MX bars, and like several of Code 3's innovations, was great in theory, but didn't stand up to real world conditions. For examples, I offer the D-Tech dual color plastic reflectors, Stingray rotator/control box, and the entire Intensity strobe bar.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
03crownvic said:
It was a factory option on the early MX bars, and like several of Code 3's innovations, was great in theory, but didn't stand up to real world conditions. For examples, I offer the D-Tech dual color plastic reflectors, Stingray rotator/control box, and the entire Intensity strobe bar.

I found the intersections frozen in position and really dim on a bar a year or so ago..... I opened it up and found a fried multifunction intersection unit. Luckily they are easy to wire around.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.