Which grille lights... Ion, Fedsig MPS1200 or Brooking ST26

jcemt

Jun 16, 2010
Central California
Trying to decide which lights for behind the grille in a PI sedan slicktop application. I have the ions and yes they are super bright and low profile. Thinking about switching to the Fedsig micropulse ultra 1200 or Brooking ST26 for a bigger footprint. Have not seen either in person. Anyone recommend if it would be worth "upgrading" to either of those?

Thanks!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Trying to decide which lights for behind the grille in a PI sedan slicktop application. I have the ions and yes they are super bright and low profile. Thinking about switching to the Fedsig micropulse ultra 1200 or Brooking ST26 for a bigger footprint. Have not seen either in person. Anyone recommend if it would be worth "upgrading" to either of those?

Thanks!
Well, obviously the latter 2 options will have larger footprints because they have 12 diodes each, compared to the 6 diode ion. As long as you flash them whole (as opposed to split flash), I like the idea of upgrading to have a larger footprint.

As far as going with fedsig or brookings here, I really don't have a stronger recommendation for one over the other, because the original 6 diode micropulses, if I recall correctly, were simply rebranded axixtech products, and Brookings is a company in south Florida that sells rebranded axixtech products/is their main US distributor. Not sure if the ultra 1200s are also rebranded/outsourced, but, despite some very minimal differences in the specs, I'm guessing that the difference in quality and output between these 2 lightheads is negligible (if at all)

jcemt

Jun 16, 2010
Central California
I'll work on the video...

Rear: Fedsig ILS and SOS taillight flasher

Sides: 120 Cannon's mounted as poor mans Sidekicks

Front: Feniex Fusion dual color Passinger ILB, and Brooking HLF

jcemt

Jun 16, 2010
Central California
The ions are great. Just the footprint is kind of small. I bought a pair of M4's which are perfect for the larger footprint and definitely not a downgrade on the light output. The only problem is they are too big/noticeable for this unmarked application.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Which I didn't realize until I had them in hand and bheld them up to the grille...
Too bad it's gotta be covert.....I'd love to see M4's in the grill <3.
Anytime you have the mesh grill, the lights will still be somewhat visible no matter what IMO, but if u wanna make them less noticeable when off, you can consider the smoked lens look or putting stockings over them (a little trick that some guys like).

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
What about a Feniex 400 Fusion stick? I think it would fit in the top of the grill and would be bright and pretty low profile.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.