Which siren is this?

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
FS pa300 fdny model, he is just pushing the manual button.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
According to the manuals and spec sheets on the Federal Signal web site, there is a PA300*012NY and a PA300*012NYSB. Both versions don't have the hi-lo tone.

Jasonc

May 29, 2010
obx nc
Wailer said:
According to the manuals and spec sheets on the Federal Signal web site, there is a PA300*012NY and a PA300*012NYSB. Both versions don't have the hi-lo tone.

Because some older Jewish people complained a few years ago that it reminded them of Europe in WWII. No joke.

gman021

Dec 8, 2010
CT
Jasonc said:
Because some older Jewish people complained a few years ago that it reminded them of Europe in WWII. No joke.

I thought that's why they didn't use Q sirens. And because of how loud they are.

Jasonc

May 29, 2010
obx nc
gman021 said:
I thought that's why they didn't use Q sirens. And because of how loud they are.

I'm talking about the hi-lo tone, not the Q siren. Hi-lo is the same volume as wail, yelp, etc....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.