Who does vehicle installs??

psteele

May 20, 2010
43.864776 -71.635851
Is there anyone here who does vehicle installs and requires the customer sign a waiver of liability agreement? My local PD wants me to do some install work for them from time to time because the shop they normally use is 45 minutes away. I don't want to touch any of their vehicles until I know that I'm protected on my end.

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
I am not an installer but i remember talk of this subject from the past. I believe the consensus was that you need to have insurance covering you for atleast $1 million. i will try to do some digging for the old thread...

...20 minutes later...i looked through the last board...did a search, did not find the thread i was looking for. It could be on the board prior to these two. :? or i just suck at searching...

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
Waiver of liability is the quickest way to lose business in my opinion for two reasons:

1) I don't of any department that will sign one.

2) It would then get around that you require it to work on their vehicles, and thus no new business.

So far, the most I have been required to carry is $1M in liability insurance and another $500 thousand in garage keeper insurance for those departments and customer where I do the work in their shop.

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
get yourself insurance.a waiver of liability agreement to the client says no matter how much i mess your car up or if it burns up after i worked on it, i dont car eand its not my problem because you signed this paper. most places will say see ya with that in mind. private installs for the local volly,etc yes i can see getting a waiver signed.good luck

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
shop around,it will normally cost you anywhere from $3-400 a month depending on carrier and what you added to your policy

D

Donslockkey

It also depends on your area. As for me It's about 250 - 285 every year. It also depends on if you have property to cover.

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
Donslockkey said:
It also depends on your area. As for me It's about 250 - 285 every year. It also depends on if you have property to cover.

don what carrier do you have and do you cover a property,equipment and the liability for the vehs you work on for only 285 a year

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonClampitt

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.