Who Makes MDT's?

Core Public Safety

Premium Member
May 21, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
corepublicsafety.com
I'm doing a little bit of research on MDT's. Can anyone help me add to my list, manufactures that make them. I know the big ones like Panasonic, Motorola, Dell, Getac, and Data 911. I'm most interested in separate screen, cpu, keyboard setups and less interested in laptops. Thanks all! :)

You definitely got the big ones. Do you know about the PDRC kits for the toughbooks? Laptop mounts in the trunk and separate keyboard and screen in vehicle. Don't know if anyone else does that.

Datalux

RolnCode3 said:
You definitely got the big ones. Do you know about the PDRC kits for the toughbooks? Laptop mounts in the trunk and separate keyboard and screen in vehicle. Don't know if anyone else does that.

We have done that,for Battallion Chief Trucks,and 5 test units in Fire Engines.

We use Acura Embedded Systems. Separate cpu and monitor and keyboard. We've had them for about 2 years now. They seem to work fine in our trucks.

RoaddoggAK said:
We use Acura Embedded Systems. Separate cpu and monitor and keyboard. We've had them for about 2 years now. They seem to work fine in our trucks.

We have quite a number of fire dept's (zero police dept's) up here who have 1 or 2 Acura systems, but generally they're not overly reliable for in-vehicle use and we see most dept's go back to CF30's (-31's now) and motorola MW810's. Most of greater Vancouver dept's use Data911 as they won a tender a couple years ago - beating out Motorola. The problem is that they're so darn tricky to mount in a truck.

Acura has lots of "one-off" systems in our area as the company is based in a suburb of Vancouver.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381