Who remembers Jamie Ponce De Leon? The eLightbars rapist.

m-town

May 27, 2010
Maryland
Does anyone rember this eLightbars screw ball from back in the day? He was the one who had his fake off-road safety patrol in New Mexico or Nevada. He was reallu using his lights and sirens to pull over young women on dark roads and rape them. This was probably 8 years ago at least. I'm looking for documention or news articles about it. Anyone remember and know where to find something? I tried google news to no avail.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
wasnt 8 more like 6 when the board was still brown and red. i started on the board in late 03 and it happened about a year after i joined.

m-town

May 27, 2010
Maryland
Oh ok, seemed longer ago than that. Thanks for making me feel old :mrgreen: . I've been on here since I was in high school in the late 90's and it seemed more like 2001 or so.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
you feel old? you were in Hs in the 90's lol i graduated in late 90's didnt get started here till after i got out of the military in 03.

m-town

May 27, 2010
Maryland
Graduated HS in 2000, but was in the FD since around 1998.

I always find it amusing that the Ponce de Leon thing basically did nothing to convince people here that certain practices should be frowned upon here. Not that I'm surprised it didn't. But I need to show some other people this incident hoping they take it more seriously. I just can't find a shred of news about it online anywhere.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
late 90's the "net" was still new, not alot of archiving going on back then. if you could find the town it happened in look up their newspaper and see if you can do some searching through them.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
Take what more seriously? The possession of EV equipment? A guy used it as a criminal tool which is already illegal, so what's to take more seriously? If what they are going to do is illegal to begin with, do you really think they'll hesitate to violate a law that says that they can't have a blinking light?

It's the same logic that gun control advocates use: If we could only control the possession of certain things, people would behave and bad things would cease to occur. It doesn't work that way. I don't know the particular case, but from what I gathered, his MO was to use lights to stop women, rape and kill them. That's a MO. If he didn't use lights, he would have used something else. There are very few things that can't be used illegally, from ball bats to allergy medicine, but restricting their possession or use doesn't mean that crime will vaporize. He could have used a cute puppy to distract them for all anybody knows.

Citing individual cases doesn't put any real or imaginary problem in context. Should we regulate the purchase and possession of box cutters because 19 guys used them to kill over 3,000 people? Should we require proof of need before allowing someone to purchase a box cutter? Who decides what is a legitimate need and what isn't? Suppose some wanted to collect different antique boxcutters? Suppose that they want to use one for something other than cutting open boxes, like cutting wrapping paper for Christmas presents. Is that OK, even though it isn't what the tool was designed or sold for?

m-town

May 27, 2010
Maryland
Stendec said:
Take what more seriously? The possession of EV equipment? A guy used it as a criminal tool which is already illegal, so what's to take more seriously?
When something smells so bad that it can't be right, and it is ignored because of one or all of the following:

- Light whackers stick together and blindly defend eachother regardless

- Board admin doesn't want to do anything about it

- The "Well technically it isn't illegal so why should we care" attitudes.

I'm not suggesting that everyone have to provide valid employee ID to purchase. The point I'm making is that there have always been extremes. People on here that are so mentally deranged that it should be obvious to everyone they are up to no good. Especially when they flaunt illegal activity like it is cool. That is what I'm talking about and Jamie was one of them. I use it as example quite frequently.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
m-town said:
People on here that are so mentally deranged that it should be obvious to everyone they are up to no good.
:? Allrightythen.....sounds like someone's about to have a Travis Bickle/Rorschach/"Falling Down" moment.

m-town

May 27, 2010
Maryland
Umm. No. Please stop putting words in my mouth. I didn't say everyone on here was derranged and should go to jail. I said there are and have been people that fit that bill and their behavior is historically ignored. If you don't think that is the case, then you haven't been here very long or you're part of the problem.

Either way, I presume by your complaining that you do not have any information on what I asked for regarding Mr Ponce De Leon? I did post this in the professional section of the forum so I thought I would get actual useful professional answers to my question from other actual professionals.

m-town

May 27, 2010
Maryland
Ah, there we go. TAMSAR. How could I forget. I can not believe they actually dropped the ball on the prosecution of that creep. I'm sure the safety security amber light wacker patrol contingent on here had a party in his honor when he was released.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
m-town said:
I'm the safety security amber light wacker patrol contingent on here had a party in his honor when he was released.

How professional of you to say.....

None of that says anything about rape and murder, where did that come from?

Quote - SFR1986.pdf

Attachments

• Quote - SFR1986.pdf
    300 bytes · Views: 11

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
While I don't necessarily agree with Stendec on the issue of the REACT....people...I don't see anywhere mentioned th at Ponce-Leon or whatever the hell his name was committed any forcible felonies.

m-town

May 27, 2010
Maryland
Stendec said:
How professional of you to say.....

None of that says anything about rape and murder, where did that come from?

As I suspected, you're probably one of the party organizers. :roll: I'm quite sure my opinion of people like Mr Ponce De Leon is shared amongst all other actual professionals. So my comments about people like him are actually quite professional. If this upsets you, then as I suggested before, you are probably part of the problem.

I never said murder. So once again, kindly stop putting words in my mouth (thought that seems to be your only MO...). I thought there was a sexual assault involved in this incident. It was a long time ago. And frankly, I'm positive there would have eventually been one if he wasn't caught by the real police.

You've answered my previous question about whether you have anything meaningful to add about my actual question. Apparently the answer to that is no. Thanks.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
Maybe I'm not as professional as you, but if you look at the dates involved, and do a quick search on a couple state's offender databases and sex offender registries, you don't find anything like that name. Give it a try, pro. You wouldn't have been calling somebody a rapist all this time without any facts to back it up now, would you? How professional would that be? You think all trace of a serial rapist police impersonator who was caught would just vanish into cyberspace? Or is it part of a safety security amber light wacker patrol contingent conspiracy?

The fact that this guy and his associates were caught and charged pretty much shows that if he was a problem, he got "resolved."

He sounds like a douche nozzle, so I can understand your fascination.

m-town

May 27, 2010
Maryland
Why don't you run along and play with a dash light or something since you obviously don't read, don't care, and don't want to. Everything you have said I have already addressed. I am not going to engage some light whacker in a debate about it. If you really want an answer, go back an read. If you don't, it's your loss and I don't care. I got the information I needed from other far more professional people.

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
:popcorn:

I really hope you're not insinuating that I'm more professional than Stendec. As much as I disagree with some of the things he says, and although I don't know him personally, from what I can gather off the board he's got more professional law enforcement experience shitting out his ass every day than I've ever learned to date.

m-town

May 27, 2010
Maryland
Ben E. said:
I really hope you're not insinuating that I'm more professional than Stendec. As much as I disagree with some of the things he says, and although I don't know him personally, from what I can gather off the board he's got more professional law enforcement experience shitting out his ass every day than I've ever learned to date.
Actually I think you are. You are one of only two people here that actually answered my question. All of Stendec's responses were complaining and chastising me for asking the question. And considering what he did and how he did it, it's a matter that everyone here should be taking seriously whether you like it or not. And I thank you for actually providing me that information.

Respondcode3 said:
I find it funny that someone with 13 posts tries to come here and start shit..So M-town who put you up to it?
Excuse me??? Start shit?? I asked a question about a real incident that happened in the past here on this forum. That is not starting shit. I can not help it if some jackass wants to make it into an argument. I asked a question. I redirected back to that question everytime he tried to be a jackass about it. And when I got my answer, I thanked the person who actually answered it. So if you would like to lambaste someone for being an ass, please see the person who was turning it into a debate.

I have 13 posts because the forum has been shut down, reopened, moved, and rebuilt at least 5 times since I've been a member. I've been a member here since the late 90's before it even used forum software and halogen flashers were still the shit. Run along now.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
So, where's the supporting information that the chucklehead, and I mean the one who is supposed to be a rapist, was a rapist? It sounds a lot like they were doing what people are doing along the border right now, setting up their own little militias and border patrols, which, for the record, I think is a horrible idea, but will probably be good for the anti-venin industry. But these cats were popped on BLM lands, which means they would have had the attention of DOI BLM Rangers and the US Attorney's Office. And the feds do nothing without leaving a paper trail, in sextuplicate, not including the press releases. JPDL and his band of hoods doesn't even get a Wikipedia entry, meaning he doesn't even rate any dis- or mis-information.

So m-town, you stated this: "He was reallu using his lights and sirens to pull over young women on dark roads and rape them. This was probably 8 years ago at least. I'm looking for documention or news articles about it." And "...and Jamie was one of them. I use it as example quite frequently." So essentially you've been labeling him as a rapist, without having any solid information or source to back up your allegation.

I think it would have been a lot more professional to gather your evidence first, THEN make your accusation. If I understand it right, that's how the professionals do it.

What's really ironic is that one of the first cases I caught as an investigator back in the day actually involved a real, live red-light rapist. We caught him. It was the first case of it's type I handled, and the last. But there have been a bunch more rapes, murders, and general banditry since then, none of which involved lights that weren't attached to actual police cars. Heck, dopers have made a cottage industry out of fake badges and raid jackets, using them to rip off drug houses. Let's regulate windbreakers, surely that will stop the villains.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
Ben E. said:
:popcorn:

Uh, thanks, I think. I'll check my Depends :lol:

m-town

May 27, 2010
Maryland
Everything you continue to blabber about I have already answered. Please go back and read, if you have that ability.

And Mr RespondCode3, your inane comments don't even make sense. If you are going to attempt to fling insults, you might try flinging ones that don't make you look stupider in the process. This is another reason my latest account only has 13 posts. The retardation levels haven't changed since the late 90's either.

m-town

May 27, 2010
Maryland
Respondcode3 said:
Im sure no one here has missed you either.
You're absolutely right. People who engage in, condone, knowingly support, or encourage that kind of behavior generally don't get along too well with me. My use of this forum in the last 5 years has really just been for the occasional odd-ball problems or for install ideas on vehicles I haven't worked on. Actual forum participation became difficult a long time ago due to the imbeciles that were overrunning the place.

Cam

May 20, 2010
MO
I was around back in that day and age as well and remember old Jamie and this sister Sarah (him really) and I think he used one or two other names, people that were on this "team". I don't recall this demise having anything to do with a rape or anything like that so I'm not sure where that is coming from. I think the guy really though he was part of this team and either stopped to "backup" or called in for "backup" from the real BLM, something like that.

Not sure what any of this has to do with shit but in other news it looks like we have picked up a troll. :lol:

m-town

May 27, 2010
Maryland
Well as I said earlier, I thought there was a sexual assault involved which is where that came from in my initial post. Since some people are more concerned with complaining than actually reading, they continue to harp on it. The one person who actually answered this thread with useful information provided all I needed to know and the correct information. Which is far more than can be said for these other two idiots.

And yes, he was clearly a disillusioned psycho.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
m-town said:
I thought there was a sexual assault involved in this incident. It was a long time ago.

So you were wrong, and called the guy a rapist with no supporting information. Feel a little disillusioned now?

TheZach, are you done getting rethreaded at the nut factory?

Cam

May 20, 2010
MO
m-town said:
Case and point for everything I've said so far. Nothing changes.

What have you said?

The guy fooled some people on the internet, lied on the internet? No shit, happens all the time. Hell the guy was fooling people he was coming across in everyday life it would seem. Dudes a good lair it would seem. It happens, keep your eyes open.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Stendec said:
Dude, if you dig your hole any deeper, you're going to need that Chilean mine rescue team.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah that made me laugh pretty damn hard!

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Stendec said:
Dude, if you dig your hole any deeper, you're going to need that Chilean mine rescue team.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah that made me laugh pretty damn hard!

m-town

May 27, 2010
Maryland
Stendec said:
Riiight. I'm not digging a hole. I asked a question. It was answered. Everything else is just you being a flaming retard and trying to engage in a debate over nothing. But if blabbering a bunch of BS on the internet in the sparkwhacker HQ forum makes you feel better, you do what you need to do for that self gratification. I've been quite satisfied and done with it since my question was answered by a rational and helpful person yesterday afternoon, no thanks to you btw. So there's no hole being dug. Really it's just you with a shovel running around like a jackass randomly throwing dirt all over the place.

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
m-town said:
But if blabbering a bunch of BS on the internet in the sparkwhacker HQ forum makes you feel better, you do what you need to do for that self gratification. I've been quite satisfied and done with it

For someone who condemns "blabbering" and claims to be "satisfied and done with it," you seem to have a derogatory response to almost every comment posted on here. If you're actually done with it, move on. :roll:

m-town

May 27, 2010
Maryland
NPS Ranger said:
For someone who condemns "blabbering" and claims to be "satisfied and done with it," you seem to have a derogatory response to almost every comment posted on here. If you're actually done with it, move on. :roll:[/quote:1vz58450]

No no, only to the comments towards me that are blabbering idiocy. If you bothered to read, you would see my response to people who actually answered my question were quite nice.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Stendec elightbars official contrarian. Pro-react and anti-scene safety... Next up on his list "breathing is over rated"

Reactions: Jarred J.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
JohnMarcson said:
Stendec elightbars official contrarian. Pro-react and anti-scene safety... Next up on his list "breathing is over rated"

:D

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.