Will this fit?

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
I want to get a console for my 2012 F150 but don't want to pay for a brand new one. I found a few on eBay but they are all CVPI angled consoles. From what I can tell they should work, has anyone done something like this? Do I NEED to buy the base as well or can I make something to anchor it down?

Here is what I am looking at:

Jotto Contour Center Console 18" Faceplate Room Lazy L Crown Victoria P71 5 | eBay

EDIT: I have the useless middle jump seat/console. This will be removed to allow for a full-size console.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
That 11 1/4" height is what's most important. Measure the height or space on top of the tranny hump to the bottom of the center stack. Take into consideration a vehicle specific base plate may add as much as 1 inch to the combined height of base and console. Will the high point of the console fit under?

If it's too tall to fit under, will it fit in front of the stack without blocking any features at the bottom of the stack?

You might regain height the base takes if you disregard it and instead lag the console directly to the tranny hump.

bobbyj

May 1, 2012
Bellingham, MA
okc_f150 said:
I want to get a console for my 2012 F150 but don't want to pay for a brand new one. I found a few on eBay but they are all CVPI angled consoles. From what I can tell they should work, has anyone done something like this? Do I NEED to buy the base as well or can I make something to anchor it down?

Here is what I am looking at:

Jotto Contour Center Console 18" Faceplate Room Lazy L Crown Victoria P71 5 | eBay

EDIT: I have the useless middle jump seat/console. This will be removed to allow for a full-size console.

Let me know where you end up with this. I'm in the same boat with my 2011. I've got a setup for now, but definitely toying with a console.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.