Windows 10 upgrade

car54

May 24, 2010
michigan
 Hey guys and gals, wondering if anyone has upgraded to Windows 10 and are or had issues with this site allowing you to sign in? It's not allowing me on WIndows 10 Microsoft Edge browser, but I can on internet explorer. YouTube won't show videos on internet explorer since I've upgraded but can on Microsoft Edge browser. So if anyone here has any ideas or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it, Thanks.

car54

May 24, 2010
michigan
I'll check that now, I literally just downloaded Windows 10 earlier today. Flash player? It works fine on Windows Microsoft edge browser, but not on internet explorer since the download. Me personally I prefer the internet explorer yet over Microsoft Edge browser but windows 10 won't support it, go figure.

car54

May 24, 2010
michigan
I just looked for any updates for windows 10 and didn't find anything. Side note I found that internet explorer 11 will work with windows 10, however I tried to download that but it said was not compatible.

car54

May 24, 2010
michigan
Don't know what has just happened but now it's let me logged in and browsed with me in so I'm satisified and relieved. I thought I was going to go ape .... on my computer. FYI, I've tried this for at least 4hrs before posting my plea for answers.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I think your computer was running some updates in the background. I haven't had any issues right off the bat since upgrading. I religiously complete updates though

car54

May 24, 2010
michigan
Maybe, I ran some updates this morning however still had some issues. However since I've returned to 8.1 it's not given me any problems, so I'll wait a month or so and try it again. I really did like Windows 10 a lot better.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I'm posting this from Windows 10 using Microsoft Edge without any issues. I would ensure that you have updated everything after switching to Windows 10.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I'm posting this from Linux.. and Firefox and no issues..

lol

seriously though..  We have had some of our end users update to Windows 10.. first impressions are.. meh.    Personally I would hold off abit until MS can catch up and iron out some of the weirder bugs I have read about.

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
Does anyone know if MS is still offering the free upgrade to Win10?

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I've heard Media Player in not included in 10.  Pay extra to get a DVD player.

Feb 4, 2012
Casper, Wyoming
Gosh Jazz, I didn't think you knew what a DVD even was. I have, however, found a recent photo of JDI's most recent computer upgrade, along with two of his crack I.T. personnel.

Jazzy's comp center.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jph2
Jun 18, 2013
PA
So after having a no show Friday. I got to rollout a few windows 10 workstations.

Without going too techie this os shows some promise.... the ability to switch on the fly between tablet and desktop modes is a real plus.

Still not a fan of edge, and thank god you can turn off cortana easily.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeystoneDiesel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.