wiring vision TA leds

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Just bought a bunch of amber Vision leds with no wiring plugs.

Anybody out there have any idea where the wires might go?

It takes a 3 wire type plug but not sure where the hot or ground should go in the plug.

You can just see where they go on the top picture. Just for clairification they are 3 pin.

$(KGrHqJ,!lgFHPLvUVbwBR7B-OJzTQ~~60_57.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reno911

Sep 15, 2012
Southern Oregon
I don't believe those came on Visions, since putting two together makes 6 sections, not 8. I saw this type of TA lighting in a different bar, but I can't remember which one. I'm buying alot of that guys stuff for my vision projects lol

acs680

Nov 23, 2010
Tennessee
Those are "Cuda" led modules. They were used a variety of Federal products, including the Vision Signalmaster. As for which of the 3 pins is hot/ground, I can't remember... Look up the Cuda documentation and you can probably find it.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Reno911 said:
I don't believe those came on Visions, since putting two together makes 6 sections, not 8. I saw this type of TA lighting in a different bar, but I can't remember which one. I'm buying alot of that guys stuff for my vision projects lol

Well according to the Ebay member they are out of a Vision.

And here's a picture.That looks like them not very good

0.jpg

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
xRhBhVunDUaD.jpg

Does that help? That's the closest thing in my pic files to a shot of a cuda internal plug.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
JohnMarcson said:
View attachment 57494

Does that help? That's the closest thing in my pic files to a shot of a cuda internal plug.

Not really John.

I have cudas that are 4 pin type and I took one of the pigtails and all it does is spark, Also have some from a Raydian that are the 3 pin style and it did the samething.

Not sure where the wires should be on this style. Most of them are going to be taken apart and put on the ones like you've shown.

Just thought if I could get the right combination to make them light up might be able to use the boards in another type of installation.

Thanks though.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Reno911 said:

Those are from Traffic Advisors/TA or arrowsticks.

The cuda TAs FS used to make, used 3 LED heads per 1 outlet. So, a 6 'lamp' TA used 18 individual TA heads, an 8 'lamp' would use 24.

EL1998P71

May 23, 2010
Sterling Heights Mich
Those are just cuda lights without a housing.

I'm sure there is a Cuda Vison Signal master light assembly, but it wouldn't be that long of a light per section.

I have the 5mm led for my Smartvector. The lightheads only have 2 wires soldered to the circuit board.

108.jpg

111.JPG

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
EL1998P71 said:
Those are just cuda lights without a housing.
I'm sure there is a Cuda Vison Signal master light assembly, but it wouldn't be that long of a light per section.

I have the 5mm led for my Smartvector. The lightheads only have 2 wires soldered to the circuit board.

Yeah those are Gen1s mine are Gen3.

I guess I'll just have to figuire it out myself.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
rwo978 said:
Those are from Traffic Advisors/TA or arrowsticks.

The cuda TAs FS used to make, used 3 LED heads per 1 outlet. So, a 6 'lamp' TA used 18 individual TA heads, an 8 'lamp' would use 24.

You got any idea has to where the wires would go on the 3 plug.

The ones from the cudas I have aren't right and the ones from the Raydian aren't either.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny22

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.