Wondering value of Whelen Freedom

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
Hey guys, haven't posted here in a long time. I'm not nearly as active with my volunteer FD anymore, and I'd like to get rid of my vehicle equipment. Problem is, I have no clue what it's worth or what to ask for a fair price.

What I have is a 48' Whelen Freedom, all blue with LED takedowns and halogen alleys. It is fully populated. It's still mounted on my truck, but I will try to put up pictures if requested.

Just wondering what it might be worth with the mounting brackets and a set of 6 carling switches.

Thanks.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
eh, its prob worth about $100. Ill give you $100 cash right now if youre looking to get rid of it

Alovebaby41

May 23, 2010
Texas
Depending if its low current or if its the Texas version that will affect the price. If its a low current I would anywhere from $500-799 depending on the condition. Since it has led takedowns that will help you out. But some key questions are: What generation are the LEDs (for example diffusers or not or the newest style). What style of corner LEDs does it have? What is the manufacture date? What are condition of the lens? All of those answer will affect the price.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Lowest I have seen is $500 highest $799 recently

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
There is a similar Freedom for sale at $350, here, but it has 400-series halogen takedowns instead of the dual LR11 takedowns that your bar has.

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
shues said:
There is a similar Freedom for sale at $350, here, but it has 400-series halogen takedowns instead of the dual LR11 takedowns that your bar has.

I won't have the date code until I take it off the truck, but that one in the ad has noticeably faded lenses compared to mine. Hopefully that works in my favor as well.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
Like every business deal, the seller will think it the selling price is too cheap. The buyer, too high.

In reality, the bar is worth as much or as little as you get for it.

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
WS224 said:
Like every business deal, the seller will think it the selling price is too cheap. The buyer, too high.

In reality, the bar is worth as much or as little as you get for it.

LOL thats very....zen....ying and yang almost....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETFFMedic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.