worst sounding tones

or

worst layout/design

?

Thats what i was guna ask too!

Wailer said:
The Unitrol 80k has the worst sounding wail tone I've ever heard. :evil:

Now, that's just wrong... music to my ears. :twisted:

worse to install, cut fingers while installing, power connectors that don't clip together! mounting brackets that brake while mounting. blowning fuses after installing,

galls siren are made by carson so be gentle :oops:

Did a code 3 undercover that had two identical switches but one was momentary and one was not..... it mattered which one went where.

i just youtube'd the unitrol to see what it sounded like, and realized thats the secondary electric sirens we have on our rigs at the FD. I think they sound great. Except for one which was messed up and was brutal to listen to lol :lol:

The Unitrol 80K wail tone sounds like a woman or child screaming at the highest possible pitch a human voice can reach. It's a gut -wrenching bawling sound to say the least. :evil:

If there is any electronic siren tone I love to hate the most, it's that one.

A Galls used siren then I heard POP and that was the end of it. I got the guy a Whelen Duel Siren which he loves and will last him. The Galls Siren he had I dont believe was made by Carson.

Wailer said:
The Unitrol 80K wail tone sounds like a woman or child screaming at the highest possible pitch a human voice can reach. It's a gut -wrenching bawling sound to say the least. :evil:

If there is any electronic siren tone I love to hate the most, it's that one.
Nah. The Code 3 RLS yelp is much worse.

Solvarex said:
Nah. The Code 3 RLS yelp is much worse.

Code 3 anything... except for maybe the airhorn.

The only Code 3 sirens with a decent wail tone are the V-CON and Mastercom series.

I remember the city fire department having three pumper trucks and two aerial ladder trucks with Code 3 sirens. On one of the pumpers, the siren was wearing out and played at a lower than normal pitch. It actually sounded neat with the lower pitched tones. :D

The Code 3 brand was the first I heard with the electronic air horn tone. That was back in 1980-1981.

Wailer said:
The Code 3 brand was the first I heard with the electronic air horn tone. That was back in 1980-1981.

Looks like they spent more time on that then their siren tones.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381