Wow, a Humbling Experience!

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Yesterday I was thanked by someone for my service in the fire department.  Nice, in its own right.  But this ‘thank you’ came from a man who lost his son in a LODD last year in the Houston Fire Department!  What do you say in return to something like that? 

I want to meagrely pay this forward by thanking everyone on this forum that is in public service.  You may not think you are doing much when you write up a report, roll a hose, or sweep up glass following a wreck.  Let me thank you now when you put forth your efforts to try to make this world a better place, even when your endeavours may seem small.

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
Saw this on a truck today, kinda fits in here...

uploadfromtaptalk1427494620449.jpg

If you can't see it, zoom in on the top of the back window.

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
What's that yellow stuff hitting the corner of the building in the background. Looks like a pigeon took a dump....
That's actually a bug that met the windshield of my Kenworth with fatal results.

But I like the pigeon crap idea as that building is a weigh station.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Last night I was at chili's with the GF on her lunch break. A waitress that wasn't mine asked me  if I was currently in the military because one of her customers was wondering. I told her I was a veteran and haven't been in several years... I kinda had a hunch at what was going to happen but my GF thought it was odd.  After we ate, my waitress came up to me and said our bill had been covered....

So I left the waitress a nice tip in return...

Random Acts of Kindness

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.