wow. i cant remember the last time my adrenaline got going this much.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I just left the post office and got on the freeway. I moved to the center lane of a 3 lane 65mph freeway. As I was going up a hill to a bridge going over train tracks, a set of headlights came over the hill at me in my lane. It felt like I had 2 seconds but I think it was 4 or 5. It was a bit to close of a call for me. I was barely out of my lane when we passed. She just stayed in the center lane. She was doing least 65 but I guessed almost 80. I have had plenty of times my adrenaline got going while working on the side of the road but this takes the cake. I don't know how I didn't throw up because I did a bit of choking like I was going to. The police did get her about 3 miles down and I gave my statement. I hope I get called to court to testify.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Thats a scary feeling, here in San Antonio every few weeks a police officer is killed or seriously injured because of drunks driving the wrong way, not to mention how many civillians getting hurt too. Glad to hear you didnt get hurt.

cook2890

Sep 27, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
Same type of thing happened to me about a month ago. I had gone to work on my night off, and worked for four hours, and left at 0200 hrs. On the way home I was riding down a road that narrows from 4 lanes down to two, and there are guardrails on either side due to large dropoffs on both sides. the shoulder only amounts to about a foot and a half past the white lines as well. I'm following a Chevy Colorado and all of a sudden I see him swerve hard to the right and then I see the headlights comming right at me. I swerved as well, and heard a loud bang. I thought maybe I had hit the guardrail, so I pulled over behind the Colorado. Turns out the mirror of the drunk driver hit the mirror of the Colorado, and I suffered no damage except for my nerves... Ended up the police had to box the driver in just to get him stopped, and it turns out he had driven almost 25 miles and bounced off several guardrails on his trip. Luckily he didnt hurt anyone, but the danger was def there!!! Took me almost three hours to come down off that adrenaline buzz...

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
First ride with my Oldest boy when he turned 16 we had a elderly person come out of a shopping mall and started cruising right at us. We had more time, to signal and get over to the right and they wizzed right on by till the PD was waiting on them. Scares the crap outa ya..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.