WPS 400 Industrial Siren help

Jun 8, 2010
Indonesia Java
Hi guys,

I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with those sirens. Im from Indonesia and currently the sole distributor for Whelen. WHELEN INDONESIA - Siren Speakers Motorcycle, Strobe Beacons, LED SlimLighter, Siren Speaker Automobile, LFL Liberty SX

We are recently asked to review a malfunctioning system wps 400 on a mining company, Freeport. I personally have no experience at all in the technical aspect of the system, thus wondering if anyone has installed or worked with them. We do have a very knowledgable tech who can decifer the manuals, but just to be on the safe side, i wanted to do a little review online.

Any help is much appreciated.

Jasonc

May 29, 2010
obx nc
Those are large outdoor warning sirens. What exactly is wrong with the unit? Several members on Air Raid Sirens own similar systems and might be able to help you (unless there is a tech on this board for those units). If you register on there, PM me on here and I'll activate you so you can post it there if you like.

Jun 8, 2010
Indonesia Java
Ok Had a video conference with the execs of the company. Will be flying to the site on the 4th of April. Hopefully everything turns out good. Several maintanance service, and system overhaul proposal. Considering our lack of experience in the mass notification products of Whelen, this is a great opportunity to explore into that field and get more knowledge :)

Ill post pics after i come back.

Jasonc

May 29, 2010
obx nc
Sounds good. I'd definitely talk to Whelen about it first. These are pretty complex machines that are usually computer controlled and radio activated. Usually, they are installed by electrical companies, not police and fire equipment dealers. It may be better for you to contract out the installation to someone who has more experience.

Jun 8, 2010
Indonesia Java
Yes thats what we're planning to do, installation will be done by qualified electricians, we basically provide all the technical, equipments and spare parts support.

will difinitely be contacting whelen alot on this one :)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.