Wrong way driver collides head-on with Oklahoma County K9 Unit

fire1

Jun 5, 2011
Michigan
Glad there was no serious injuries. What a adrenaline rush. Did anyone else notice that when the officer swerved to the left the SUV turn to the right, Looked like he wanted to hit him.

FireGuru

May 3, 2011
CENTRAL OHIO
Man, didn't even see it coming!! Thanks to the Big Guy upstairs!! Wow, only way he and his partner didn't get hurt.

At first I was wondering what was up with that pick-up swerving like it did.

firemedic12

Apr 7, 2011
TX
fire1 said:
Glad there was no serious injuries. What a adrenaline rush. Did anyone else notice that when the officer swerved to the left the SUV turn to the right, Looked like he wanted to hit him.

I wouldn't say that he was trying to hit him. Driving classes tell you if you have a car coming straight toward you you should try to go to your right, cause 9 out of 10 that driver will go to their right. Me I would say he was trying to avoid hitting him. I am by far not taking the suv side I'm just stating what is said. Now with that said the officer probably didn't have anywhere really to move. Just glad both the K9 and Officer were ok.

Zoe

May 28, 2010
Deerfield MA
firemedic12 said:
I wouldn't say that he was trying to hit him. Driving classes tell you if you have a car coming straight toward you you should try to go to your right, cause 9 out of 10 that driver will go to their right. Me I would say he was trying to avoid hitting him. I am by far not taking the suv side I'm just stating what is said. Now with that said the officer probably didn't have anywhere really to move. Just glad both the K9 and Officer were ok.

I'm thinking he may have went left, because going right would have taken him into the back of the truck that he had been following.

Glad he and the K9 are alright.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
That type of crash happens quite often here in San Antonio. There was a LODD a few months back, she didnt have a chance the wrong way driver also died which is rare for dunk drivers. She was responding code to a domestic with a gun involved. Its just so freaking crazy here, just about once a week an officer is injuered because of the drunkies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.