Wanted WTB light Bar,Speaker and Lights-Smokey 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlyjamesc

Jun 4, 2015
Humble Texas
Hello all. I have had some I.D. help on these items and hope I got them right. You guys are more the experts. I am Looking to purchase ( 2 ) dietz 7-11 lights and Speaker (Federal CJ-24 ) in center for my replica smokey and the bandit 2 Police car (Bonneville). I am also looking for the mounting Bar. I am including the bar photo with blue logo on the end. If anyone Can I.D. that company or Bar type I welcome your reply.

I have the lolipop lights already. BTW I have tried both guys who specialize in lights on the net (DCaptian and Siren Man) but havent had much luck.

Thank you for looking and for any help in advance. I am interested in the exact item if they are available.

20140516_201409.jpg

20140516_200939.jpg

20140516_201925.jpg

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Believe its a Federal Signal Visibar

Clarence H

May 20, 2010
USA Twin Cities Minnesota
I don't think it's a visibar, the clamps are different, the bar is all aluminum, with no stainless cover. And the feet are different.

Clarence

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
I will have 3 of those blue lollipop lights tomorrow. (Saturday) Let me know if your interested.

lights.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: onlyjamesc

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
You do realize he had another car he used to and I think this one is from the first movie

dkumbstlguufapsja5b3.jpg

Smokey_remakeJPG_Thumbnail1.jpg

Clarence H

May 20, 2010
USA Twin Cities Minnesota
You look good! The logo on the bar almost looks like Smith & Wesson.

Clarence

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
Your best bet w/ this whole deal is just to build this yourself using whatever you can get your hands on;

Qty. 1-North American AB1GL with gutterless mounts (or equivalent). 

Qty. 2-Dietz 211/711 (or equivalent), i.e. Signal Stat's or even later NAPA 311-tagged 4-beam beacon

Qty. 2 (1ea.), red/blue Dietz, Signal Stat or whomever's #394 double-faced 7" hooded warning light, Federal's was the LL4/LL5

Qty. 1 CJ24, PA58 or almost any wide-projectored speaker (the Federal tags were usually black) pictured is silver, Who knows?

Because of the lack of EXACT authenticity of your last replica and was still able to pull-off a damn close "fooled most of the people" copy, you oughta be able to put almost anybody's anything together on this next project, and get away with it! Even though WE HERE can spot the discrepancies with the audio-visual equipment, your average joe isn't going to be able to spot those subtle differences and will accept as real whatever you throw together as long as it's close. Most people don't look that close at that stuff. Same goes for the door decals, graphics and what-not. Nor do they care about the interiors! Remember the interior color of Buford's LeMans? It was light blue! GM never put a light blue interior in a Mandarin Orange Lemans. This is Hollywood, they throw-together whatever for whomever. RARELY were they ever THAT specific about anything regarding those add-ons. It's us replica-builders that have to be specific and only then, the FANATICS. Remember, the stupid lights on Buford's car in that movie were never lit regardless! (I never liked the lop-sided color arrangement anyway with that one blue lollipop...WTF???)

Hell, by the 3rd movie, the budget was so tight, they used the cheapest beacons and bars they could find for the squads! 

My two cents, is all....

onlyjamesc

Jun 4, 2015
Humble Texas
Your best bet w/ this whole deal is just to build this yourself using whatever you can get your hands on;

Qty. 2-Dietz 211/711 (or equivalent), i.e. Signal Stat's or even later NAPA 311-tagged 4-beam beacon

Qty. 2 (1ea.), red/blue Dietz, Signal Stat or whomever's #394 double-faced 7" hooded warning light, Federal's was the LL4/LL5

Qty. 1 CJ24, PA58 or almost any wide-projectored speaker (the Federal tags were usually black) pictured is silver, Who knows?

Because of the lack of EXACT authenticity of your last replica and was still able to pull-off a damn close "fooled most of the people" copy, you oughta be able to put almost anybody's anything together on this next project, and get away with it! Even though WE HERE can spot the discrepancies with the audio-visual equipment, your average joe isn't going to be able to spot those subtle differences and will accept as real whatever you throw together as long as it's close. Most people don't look that close at that stuff. Same goes for the door decals, graphics and what-not. Nor do they care about the interiors! Remember the interior color of Buford's LeMans? It was light blue! GM never put a light blue interior in a Mandarin Orange Lemans. This is Hollywood, they throw-together whatever for whomever. RARELY were they ever THAT specific about anything regarding those add-ons. It's us replica-builders that have to be specific and only then, the FANATICS. Remember, the stupid lights on Buford's car in that movie were never lit regardless! (I never liked the lop-sided color arrangement anyway with that one blue lollipop...WTF???)

Hell, by the 3rd movie, the budget was so tight, they used the cheapest beacons and bars they could find for the squads!

My two cents, is all....
Great points man thank you. That 3rd movie though heavy buford was...sad in many eyes.

I appreciate your input. You make a great point. Most don't notice.

onlyjamesc

Jun 4, 2015
Humble Texas

My two cents, is all....
Ahh just so yall know..that isn't my car I am sitting in. Just me. This will be my first replica. I am the buford that didn't have a car. Ha

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
"Ahh just so yall know..that isn't my car I am sitting in. Just me. This will be my first replica. I am the buford that didn't have a car. Ha"

My advice is to put together what you have with what you find since there probably isn't too many other S&BII replica cars floating around out there. Put yours together, tell everybody it's the "real McCoy" and let the other replicants follow YOUR lead! You've already got the "look" down pat, OOOF!

Most of this stuff is easily obtainable either here, fleabay or one of your local swaps/musters. You should have it together in no time! It would be cool to make yours work but keep in mind, that's a helluva load for the electrical/charging system on a late 70's Pontiac! 

onlyjamesc

Jun 4, 2015
Humble Texas
"Ahh just so yall know..that isn't my car I am sitting in. Just me. This will be my first replica. I am the buford that didn't have a car. Ha"

My advice is to put together what you have with what you find since there probably isn't too many other S&BII replica cars floating around out there. Put yours together, tell everybody it's the "real McCoy" and let the other replicants follow YOUR lead! You've already got the "look" down pat, OOOF!

Most of this stuff is easily obtainable either here, fleabay or one of your local swaps/musters. You should have it together in no time! It would be cool to make yours work but keep in mind, that's a helluva load for the electrical/charging system on a late 70's Pontiac!
Thank you. It's just something for fun. Not too many of the smokey 2 out there. A few lemans but a 4 door is hard to find. I'll keep you all posted.

OSP959(R)

Mar 22, 2011
Ohio
Oh yes but finding Le mans is hard to do. A 4 door that is. Lots of 2 door. This is a photo of me in one of the replicas at Bandit Run.  I decided to go another route. 
Whoa! I had to go back and look at that photo again when you said it was you.

I think it's cool you're doing the Bandit 2 car. Never seen someone do a replica of that one. Make sure you show us photos when you're done.

onlyjamesc

Jun 4, 2015
Humble Texas
Whoa! I had to go back and look at that photo again when you said it was you.

I think it's cool you're doing the Bandit 2 car. Never seen someone do a replica of that one. Make sure you show us photos when you're done.
Thank you. I will post some pics. I located lollipop lights and speaker. Now if I can talk someone out of two dietz 711's! Thank you

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
I checked and I have 1 bar left, it has several different old mounting holes in the top of the bar from various lights and stuff over the years, they are totaly adjustable , thes ebars are very long as they were on trucks, you just figure out what width you want and cut the endds down to make them fit

onlyjamesc

Jun 4, 2015
Humble Texas

My two cents, is all....
Are the dietz 211 and 711 the same size?

Crownfire

Jun 23, 2011
USA CA
The Dietz 211 and 7-11 are the same in outward appearance. The 7-11 had an updated motor that turned faster and, I believe, in the opposite direction of the 211.

onlyjamesc

Jun 4, 2015
Humble Texas
attachicon.gif
20150623_184600.jpg
attachicon.gif
20150623_191958.jpg
Now if someone can tell me the size difference in a dietz 211 vs a dietz 711. uploadfromtaptalk1435189483228.png

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Thank you! :) wow that is a beautiful car in great shape for its age too! :thumbsup:   I cant wait to see it all decked out! :yes:   

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Ever tried craigslist for Dietz 211/7-11s? I've seen them around from time to time in different state sections. The thing is that to find red domed Dietzs will be hard to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.