X pattern on Whelen Linz6s wiring?

xcrownvicx

Dec 3, 2011
New Jersey
Has anyone ever done the x pattern on linz6s without using a external flasher. For some reason I can't seem to get it. The farthest I've got is all the four light heads completely flash but no x pattern. Thanks.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
xcrownvicx said:
Has anyone ever done the x pattern on linz6s without using a external flasher. For some reason I can't seem to get it. The farthest I've got is all the four light heads completely flash but no x pattern. Thanks.

Don't see why its not possible, just get two lightheads onto Phase I of the pattern, and the other two to Phase II, then link together all the sync wires.

Edit: My truck has 2x TIR6 and 2x LINZ6 Sync'ed in X-type pattern.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
xcrownvicx said:

If you have all of them flashing simultaneously on the same pattern, just advance 2 of the lightheads 1 more pattern... As previously stated, Whelen lightheads have Phase 1 & Phase 2 of each pattern one after the other... So take 2 of your lightheads and tap the pattern wire... If that takes it to a different flash pattern, touch and hold the pattern wire, that will make it go back wards through the patterns...

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
TritonBoulder47 said:
If you have all of them flashing simultaneously on the same pattern, just advance 2 of the lightheads 1 more pattern... As previously stated, Whelen lightheads have Phase 1 & Phase 2 of each pattern one after the other... So take 2 of your lightheads and tap the pattern wire... If that takes it to a different flash pattern, touch and hold the pattern wire, that will make it go back wards through the patterns...

In order to move onto phase two, make sure all of the lights sync wires, the gray ones, are connected. Then you can tap the purple and white wire to the positive wire on both the upper left and the bottom right.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
NFD-102 said:
In order to move onto phase two, make sure all of the lights sync wires, the gray ones, are connected. Then you can tap the purple and white wire to the positive wire on both the upper left and the bottom right.

Yup, just like I said!

Zapp Brannigan said:
Don't see why its not possible, just get two lightheads onto Phase I of the pattern, and the other two to Phase II, then link together all the sync wires.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
NFD-102 said:

I was assuming that he has all the sync wires connected... lol But you know what they say when you assume... lol

xcrownvicx

Dec 3, 2011
New Jersey
Thank you for everyone that helped, I finally got it. I just was wasn't understanding the phases. Now will every pattern do a phase 1 and 2 pattern?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeaustin924

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.