Xecutor hits a "C"

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
Ummmm.... so yeah.... I was demonstrating a Whelen Xecutor to a friend, and while I was almost at the peak of the wind up.... the wine glass on the bench exploded into a KAJILLION bits! The glass was empty and about 12 feet from the speaker..... I suppose somewhere in the wind up, the tone hits a perfect "C" note????

:explode:

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
SireLite said:
Who was drinking wine next to the siren?

Me!
:thumbsup:

JazzDad said:
Was it live, or Memorex?

Oh..... It was LIVE! My friend said "Oh Fudge".... but didn't say
"Fudge"! :p

Reactions: Skip Goulet

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
ford-dealer said:

Me!
:thumbsup:

Oh..... It was LIVE! My friend said "Oh Fudge".... but didn't say
"Fudge"! :p

That is hilarious. Have you recreated the event again yet ?

I'm sending this one to Mythbusters if we don't see Video documentation fairly soon !

:D

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
StEaLtH2 said:
That is hilarious. Have you recreated the event again yet ?
I'm sending this one to Mythbusters if we don't see Video documentation fairly soon !

:D

Actually.... I AM planning on seeing if it happens again..... And if it does work again.... I WILL supply video! It scared the CRAP out of us when it blew.... :crazy:

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
MtnMan said:
Yup, sound energy can break things. The thing about the "perfect C" is a myth, though... different objects will have different resonant frequencies.

I'm sticking to beer.

The FACT that you can even USE the word "Resonant", (And Spelled Correctly too!).... makes me think you might actually know something about this! :hail:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
its not just note frequency but also octave.

myth busters did this with different tyes of glasses

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
ford-dealer said:
Ummmm.... so yeah.... I was demonstrating a Whelen Xecutor to a friend, and while I was almost at the peak of the wind up.... the wine glass on the bench exploded into a KAJILLION bits! The glass was empty and about 12 feet from the speaker..... I suppose somewhere in the wind up, the tone hits a perfect "C" note????
:explode:

If you're familiar with the North Central Expressway in Big D, there's a section of it that goes thru Downtown Dallas, and in the old days the shrill friction sirens on the police motorcycles would shatter windows in some of those big buildings!

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Actually.... I AM planning on seeing if it happens again..... And if it does work again.... I WILL supply video! It scared the CRAP out of us when it blew.... :crazy:
I used to hear that there's an area in Downtown Dallas that years ago if a motorcycle cop ran his siren in that area it would shatter windows.  And those were those wheel-driven friction sirens!

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helmi

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.