XecutorII Serial # 00008

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
I guess I am writing this because I FINALLY decided after years of internal struggle... I finally installed a Whelen XecutorII (Serial #00008) into my Suburban today. :bonk:

I guess what I am asking is this... to what end do we collect such treasures, if they are never to see the "Light Of Day"?

I also installed into the Suburban from my collection:

Whelen WS224 Siren

Whelen Alpha12Q (Set on Warble/Woop)

North American Signal XL100 (Set On Riot)

Federal Model 28 Mechanical Underhood Siren

Add that to the fact that I already have a 295SlA1.... Yes... that is SIX sirens! LOL :eek: and YES... All have there own speakers!.....well.except for the Model 28! LOL :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Look at Eric who never videos his items, just packs them away. Anyone can come and check out 90% of my collection.

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
ryan said:
Look at Eric who never videos his items, just packs them away. Anyone can come and check out 90% of my collection.

I don't have enough room currently Ryan, other wise i would. I will never have a vehicle to install any either or have a reason to install them. Lighting laws are very strict here in CA. I am a Union Electrician by trade. No relation to EMS at all anymore.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
This means a trip to lab to see this beast with the woo woos finally installed! Every since you told me about this months ago I have been waiting to see you post it up on here.

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
Here are a couple of pics so far...

ai147.photobucket.com_albums_r302_ford_dealer_WS224glass_zps78f9f7ff.jpg

ai147.photobucket.com_albums_r302_ford_dealer_Xecutor0008_zps28c4cc83.jpg

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
ford-dealer said:
I guess I am writing this because I FINALLY decided after years of internal struggle... I finally installed a Whelen XecutorII (Serial #00008) into my Suburban today. :bonk:

I guess what I am asking is this... to what end do we collect such treasures, if they are never to see the "Light Of Day"?

Whelen WS224 Siren

Add that to the fact that I already have a 295SlA1.... Yes... that is SIX sirens! LOL :eek: and YES... All have there own speakers!.....well.except for the Model 28! LOL :cool:

Damn! What are you doing...trying to compete with Dennis Torpedo? I guess that 28 replaces the C4B. That one was in the mix that was stolen from Harold's place (if you saw that thread).

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
MEVS06 said:
This means a trip to lab to see this beast with the woo woos finally installed! Every since you told me about this months ago I have been waiting to see you post it up on here.

Ditto that! I've been needing an excuse to make a trip to San Antonio. :p

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
Skip Goulet said:
Damn! What are you doing...trying to compete with Dennis Torpedo? I guess that 28 replaces the C4B. That one was in the mix that was stolen from Harold's place (if you saw that thread).

I am saddened by the loss of that C4B... I really liked that siren, and honestly, I had sellers remorse after selling her... :duh:

Competing with Dennis Torpedo? Dunno.... am I winning? :p

Skip Goulet said:
Ditto that! I've been needing an excuse to make a trip to San Antonio. :p

Just be prepared for a TSA "Strip Search" before you leave! :cool:

lite-em-up

May 23, 2010
Eastern Missouri
ford-dealer said:

Whelen WS224 Siren

MASTER WHACKER!!!! :hail: :D

DalmatProd

Dec 26, 2011
USA - FL
"Oh the pain, the pain, young Will Robinson! That electronic bucket of bolts causes me pain!"

Now I understand what "Dr. Smith" was complaining about in "Lost in Space." He was jealous of the robot's parts. Just as I am suffering those same pangs of jealousy from reading Ford-Dealer's post. Oh what a joy it must be to have all those marvelous accoutrements for your vehicle, a Suburban, no less!

Skip, I'll carry your bags on the trip, bad back and all, if it allows us to see this electronic wonder!!

Steve

DalmatProd

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
ford-dealer said:
I am saddened by the loss of that C4B... I really liked that siren, and honestly, I had sellers remorse after selling her... :duh:

Competing with Dennis Torpedo? Dunno.... am I winning? :p

Just be prepared for a TSA "Strip Search" before you leave! :cool:

You're not the only one saddened by the loss that that C4B, and I liked it, too. Right now you're nowhere near beating Dennis. He's got multiple Cs and a Super Chief on his parade rescue truck. TSA? Nawww. I'd drive from Midland to San Antonio. What's interesting the trip I made back from L.A. in 2001 when I was there for PCI's (then SoCal PCS) "Go West" meet. Kevin O'Connell who owns B&M Sirens put on an afternoon program on emergency warning devices....mostly all B&M sirens, of course. At the conclusion Kevin presented me with a nice and shiny totally refurbished CS8B Siro-Drift siren. It replaced an older S8B that had been sent to B&M before Kevin took over that had disappeared from the place. Now that was just prior to 9/11 and I was able to take that big siren onboard the plane with me. But damn was that thing heavy!!! :p

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.