Yakima Roof Rack

kjg26

Sep 9, 2010
USA GA
Had anyone incorporated warning lights onto a Yakima or Thule roof rack? Currently I have a the two cross bars and a deflector and am looking to place some lights on my car for front/rear warning. Just looking to see if/how y'all used your yakima/thule racks.

Thanks

Keith

kjg26

Sep 9, 2010
USA GA
Thanks for that info, I guess I should have been more specific. I am looking for ideas on individual light heads. Small light heads. Not looking to put a bar up there.

kjg26

Sep 9, 2010
USA GA
so you actually drilled holes in the bar and mounted them directly to the bar. I hadn't thought of that. I was thinking about using L bracket and drilling holes to the bottom with the bracket. I like your idea of the light straight to the bar though. Thx!

kjg26 said:
so you actually drilled holes in the bar and mounted them directly to the bar. I hadn't thought of that. I was thinking about using L bracket and drilling holes to the bottom with the bracket. I like your idea of the light straight to the bar though. Thx!

Yes Sir...looks good...you can use L brackets too..probably easier to do. If you have a Thule it is easier because the bars are square rather than a tube.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.