Yankee Twin Beacon bar & Federal Aero

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Two very good finds! Those 72 inch AeroHawks are not particularly common and the dual Yankee beacon bar is even more rare.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Yankee didn't build their own equipment. Some came from Unity and some from other places. Unity was bought out a few years ago and only build spotlights now. You might ask around and see who might have some Unity domes, if you can't find Yankee specifically. Other than Unity, whoever built for Yankee and Signal-Stat would be a good place to look: possibly North American who's still up and running.

plybeep68

Aug 29, 2011
Jonesborough TN
Thanks Skip, I would imagine the North American domes are going to be as close as i can get unless someone has some old stuff laying around. Is the cross bar possibly a Federal item or clone?

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
plybeep68 said:
Thanks Skip, I would imagine the North American domes are going to be as close as i can get unless someone has some old stuff laying around. Is the cross bar possibly a Federal item or clone?

After looking at those lights again, I'd bet that the domes that fit 184 Federal lights or for the Dietz 211 would work fine. Joe Dorgan should still have the aftermarket domes that his late father has carried for a long time.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Hard to tell about the bar, but it doesn't look Federal. Unity had some generic bars, and North American had some common bars that they sold by themselves. Could be either (maybe neither for that matter).

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I'm sure that Federal 184, Deitz 211/711, and Signal stat 374 domes will interchange with the Yankee 354. The big difference is the unique shape of the top of the Yankee dome.

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Very nice. I'm no guru, but the red dome looks like a Federal. It would be really sweet to get good domes in clear and red like the one you've got, which I assume are Yankees. Great finds, nonetheless! :)

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
1 NOS Red Yankee Dome In Hand. Call me ;)

CFD125

May 21, 2010
Carver, Mass.
I'll Check my cellar.

I know I bought both red and blue Yankee domed domes a few years ago.

They were NOS, and I don't think I ever put them on my Yankee lights.

I'm pretty sure I bought another NOS one from Ford-Dealer too.

cook2890

Sep 27, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
So you got those!!! I wondered who I was bidding against, glad to see someone here got those and at a heck of a good price!!!

plybeep68

Aug 29, 2011
Jonesborough TN
cook2890 said:
So you got those!!! I wondered who I was bidding against, glad to see someone here got those and at a heck of a good price!!!

I actually got them from the guy that purchased them on gov deals, I missed bidding on them by a few minutes. He did make me a good deal on them!

cook2890

Sep 27, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
I was going to keep bidding, but after thinking about it I really didnt want to drive all the way from Murfreesboro in my beater truck with no A/C to get them, now I kinda wish I had kept bidding, since those are a couple of very nice pieces! Congrats!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.