Yes i have it :)

SaschaUE

Sep 25, 2010
Germany, Hamburg
i have this light but i need the AD. my is 6 Volt but the lamp is missing and i need to know wich lamp is in it.

anybody else have this light too?

at this time my light is unrestored. but maybe in the end of the year i will restore it :)

CIMG1366.JPG

CIMG1367.JPG

Oct 28, 2010
Kingston NY
SaschaUE said:
i have this light but i need the AD. my is 6 Volt but the lamp is missing and i need to know wich lamp is in it.
anybody else have this light too?

at this time my light is unrestored. but maybe in the end of the year i will restore it :)
This is a pretty cool looking light!

Sirenman

May 25, 2010
Tucson, AZ USA
The MARS FL does NOT take a standard automotive bulb although one will fit. It came equipped with a spherical, 100 watt bulb. The 12V # is 1019 and the 6V # is 1015. You will have to order these through a bulb distributor as they are a delisted bulb. Try Sunray at 1-800-8-lights

John Dorgan

SaschaUE

Sep 25, 2010
Germany, Hamburg
Sirenman said:
The MARS FL does NOT take a standard automotive bulb although one will fit. It came equipped with a spherical, 100 watt bulb. The 12V # is 1019 and the 6V # is 1015. You will have to order these through a bulb distributor as they are a delisted bulb. Try Sunray at 1-800-8-lights
John Dorgan

thanks John

i will try to get one...or two :)

SaschaUE

Sep 25, 2010
Germany, Hamburg
my is a 6 volt...but on the nameplate is no information about 6 or 12 volt. just on the motorplate. did MARS dont wrote it on the nameplates or did the serial number say anything about the voltage? ( maybe to serial number 5000 all 6 volt and after that all 12 volt? )

thanks

sascha

May 25, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
As John Dorgan said, it uses a bulb that has not been made for many years, the same bulb as used in the Beacon Ray 15 as I recall. The difference between the badges is the motor, and the bulb voltage of course. If used on 12 volts, the 6 volt light will act like it's on steroids, oscillating 2X as fast, much like a Hella or Bosch beacon! It is a very collectible light.

SaschaUE

Sep 25, 2010
Germany, Hamburg
Sirenman said:
John Dorgan

i think this is the bulb that used by mars right?

1015 BULB 12V 100W S8 INCANDESCENT SINGLE CONTACT BAYONET BASE

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.