Yesterdays MAJOR incident at Mexican border that nobody knows about.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Well yesterday we got a frantic call from US Customs for reinforcements at the LOS INDIOS international bridge located in Cameron County Texas. They were requesting back up since 14 heavily armed Mexican Cartel members in full tactical gear AR-15s and Grenades crossed into the US side and made it all the way to the secondary checking station US customs has. US customs only had 6 agents currently working that slow bridge and they requested help from the Constables office, Sheriff's,Harlingen PD,San Benito PD and the TX DPS response team and US Border patrol. What i was told was that some mexican national probably a rival cartel kidnapped a cartel boss's kid and then he was engaged in a pursuit by the rival cartel boss's hit squad ,well for some reason the Mexican Army was not protecting the bridge which was a load of BS if you ask me and probably an inside job and they let all these heavily armed guys cross the US International bridge into US Customs canopy area. 4 heavily armed subjects were taken peacefully with out a shot fired by the agents but then several more vehicles with the remaining hit squad of cartel members continued into the US side on the bridge itself but then were chased by US border patrol back into the Mexican side of the bridge. Upon my arrival i then helped out in closing the US side of the bridge until we can varify that the Mexican army was actually doing its job and shutting down the mexican side of the bridge for our safety. When we were securing the bridge we were advised by the Border patrol helicopter that over 10 heavily armed guys were gearing up on the mexican side getting ready to rescue the guys we had arrested on the US side. In the end i was there for around 6 hours guarding the bridge along with other local agency tactical units. No shots were fired and no secondary attack was mounted by the cartel the Bomb squad took possesion of the grenades found on the suspects.

And what is crazy is the media does not know and the citizens dont know how NOT safe they are and i can promise you if those guys wanted to they could of out gunned and out numbered all of us and killed us all if they wanted to. I noticed that most of the Deputys and agents there only had 1 or 2 AR magazines on them when they cartel guys had around 6 each on the tactical vests.

bridge.jpg

bridge 2.jpg

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Its sad how most major news affiliates dont care about these stories. If there were shots fired you would of had to set up a perimeter just to keep the reporters out, but because it was peaceful that "doesn't make a good story."

Less about the kardashians and more about the real events that matter.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
justavillain said:
That's crazy I think the next big terror attack will come from the US/Mexico border

who says it hasnt?

FSEP

Nov 11, 2012
DE
I've looked into working for BP down there... I have to say, if I did that I would have an M5 and a couple hundred rounds with me at all times. It's like the USA/Mexico border has turned into the new LA.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Irsh42 said:
I've looked into working for BP down there... I have to say, if I did that I would have an M5 and a couple hundred rounds with me at all times. It's like the USA/Mexico border has turned into the new LA.

Its much worse than what people think.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I was hesitant to "like" Station 3's post because I don't like the situation but I do like his involvement in this incident. Thank you for your participation. Without stories like this, people do not know what is happening here. It's real!

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Good work Garza! Thank you for reporting since the lap dogs in the main stream wouldn't touch this story. Stay safe down there brother.

Jun 18, 2012
Virginia
Well I'm not really surprised the media didn't pick up on this. But I am glad that this situation was resolved peacefully and I appreciate your bringing it to our attention. Stay safe everyone.

JediTalen

Jun 19, 2011
Bummertown, WA
Irsh42 said:

I grew up down there, it's been worse than LA ever was, if not as intense, for as long as I can remember. I personally know ranchers there whose homes and barns have been torched, have been shot at, and worse by the Alien/Drug runners. There are 20-man armed patrols out every night on many ranches to interdict the loss of livestock to illegal border crossers. Houses are fortified, and armed men stand guard 24 hours a day. It's like the western movies of the range wars except the cowboy on the roof is packing an AR-15 in place of the levergun...

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Many officers are hired by farmers and ranchers to work off duty armed security on large ranches places that border patrol and normal law enforcement can't patrol. And you would ge amazed at how many DAILY highspeed pursuits they get into on private ranches with cartels and smugglers........

And I'm talking about ranches that are about 20-50 miles away from the actual border......

My buddy does it part time I'm going to tag along one day and check it out.

chono

Jun 5, 2010
Midwest
Yet everyone is more worried about the Kardashians... unfortunately Obama and the media will never report anything on this until these cartel members cause a mass shooting on our side... or worse

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
It's crazy how the US Leo's are so outgunned. We all know the Mexican Cartel are armed to the teeth. It's time to step up BP protection. It's no secret that the Mexican Army and Policia Federal are in on a lot of jobs. We need to protect our country. Thank you station 3 for posting this.

Stay safe.

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
Job well done. Glad it didn't escalate any farther. Mainstream media is useless. Anymore this country is under attack everyday, both foreign and domestic. Garza Stay on your toe's man, the bad guy's aren't going to Like the fact that you posted this. Everyone Stay Safe and Watch your Backs.

JediTalen

Jun 19, 2011
Bummertown, WA
VolEms said:
It's crazy how the US Leo's are so outgunned. We all know the Mexican Cartel are armed to the teeth. It's time to step up BP protection. It's no secret that the Mexican Army and Policia Federal are in on a lot of jobs. We need to protect our country. Thank you station 3 for posting this.

Stay safe.

You think the LEO's are outgunned, what about the citizens there who don't have departmental budgets to buy Class III rifles at $10k each? How do you think they feel with damn near every Ahole in DC screaming about "Assault Weapon" (semi-auto rifle) bans and magazine capacity limits? The feds have essentially abandoned those Citizens to fend for themselves and now are working their asses off to take away the best tools they have to do that.

jswwjw

Dec 10, 2010
Southern Indiana
shoot; my department has 60 AR's sitting in a safe they wont issue. I carry my own, plus a crap load of extra ammo, etc. (I did say etc.)

Press the fight

cybercop

May 31, 2010
USA, TX/South
I don't miss the valley at all.

One day I was clearning the Hidalgo southbound bridge from vendors and as I was right at the US/Mexico line on top of the bridge with on the river under me, a armed mexican something wearing all black with what looked like riot gear, carrying a AR came running up behind me as I was turned around getting to vendors back on the mexico side and as I turned around to head back, I was like WTF!....do I draw or what. I figured I would be dead either as I had no chance to react. He just ran around me towards mexico. A few seconds later about 5 Customs guys were running from the northbound section around the fence and towards my direction.

I do not know what happened, was not told, but I told myself F those vendors.

This was in the days before anyone even thought about arming Officers with ARs and before all the really bad crap started happening. Not even the Customs guys were carring ARs, strictly their pistols.

How times have changed. Can't pay me enough to back and work down there.

TX_Mark

Jun 17, 2013
San Antonio,TX
cybercop said:
I don't miss the valley at all.

One day I was clearning the Hidalgo southbound bridge from vendors and as I was right at the US/Mexico line on top of the bridge with on the river under me, a armed mexican something wearing all black with what looked like riot gear, carrying a AR came running up behind me as I was turned around getting to vendors back on the mexico side and as I turned around to head back, I was like WTF!....do I draw or what. I figured I would be dead either as I had no chance to react. He just ran around me towards mexico. A few seconds later about 5 Customs guys were running from the northbound section around the fence and towards my direction.

I do not know what happened, was not told, but I told myself F those vendors.

This was in the days before anyone even thought about arming Officers with ARs and before all the really bad crap started happening. Not even the Customs guys were carring ARs, strictly their pistols.

How times have changed. Can't pay me enough to back and work down there.

I'm in the valley till Monday, GF's aunt passed away a month ago due to breast cancer and her birthday was today, so we came down to celebrate/rosary. My first time here... Don't know what to think about it..

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
TX_Mark said:
I'm in the valley till Monday, GF's aunt passed away a month ago due to breast cancer and her birthday was today, so we came down to celebrate/rosary. My first time here... Don't know what to think about it..

Welcome to the jungle...

Hope your packing some sort of fire arm on you at all times CHL... if not then just aim for the juggular with your pocket knife when they try to car jack you.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Katy Perry visited a high school, the police supposedly screwed up, contact sports cause head injuries, a private company is anti or pro gay/abortion/gun/etc.... all these things are apparently news. So I'm sure you will understand why there is no time for this sort of minor event to be mentioned *sarcasm*.

TX_Mark

Jun 17, 2013
San Antonio,TX
Station 3 said:
Welcome to the jungle...

Hope your packing some sort of fire arm on you at all times CHL... if not then just aim for the juggular with your pocket knife when they try to car jack you.

Haven't seen anything bad... Yet.. I'm in Pharr ... No CHL here but I'm pretty good with a serrated knife haha.

cybercop

May 31, 2010
USA, TX/South
TX_Mark said:
Haven't seen anything bad... Yet.. I'm in Pharr ... No CHL here but I'm pretty good with a serrated knife haha.

Just stay on this side. If at all possible, go to Taco Palenque on S. 10th and Expwy 83 in Mcallen and eat 2 pirata tacos for me, mmmmmmmmmm, thats about all I miss in the valley....o, and the women.

TX_Mark

Jun 17, 2013
San Antonio,TX
cybercop said:
Just stay on this side. If at all possible, go to Taco Palenque on S. 10th and Expwy 83 in Mcallen and eat 2 pirata tacos for me, mmmmmmmmmm, thats about all I miss in the valley....o, and the women.

I'll see if I can make it to taco palenque, I'm not far from 10th street...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.