You'll want to cry,......

wfdstation42

May 23, 2010
USA/FL
...people, another example of poor packaging destroying irreplacable items. I bought 4 Code 3 SD lenses on Ebay. 3 were NOS. The guy stacked all of them together with only the factory plastic wrap between them. Then placed them inside a box with so little peanuts and NOTHING else it allowed the 2 box halves to compress into each other about 2 inches which compressed the lenses together causing cracking and breaking.

1 used red lens

ai196.photobucket.com_albums_aa13_wfdstation42_elightbars_P1010674.jpg

ai196.photobucket.com_albums_aa13_wfdstation42_elightbars_P1010675.jpg

1 of the NOS blue lenses

ai196.photobucket.com_albums_aa13_wfdstation42_elightbars_P1010679.jpg

2nd NOS blue lens. This one is the most heartbreaking. Only look if you have a strong stomach.

.WARNING!! Not to late to turn back.

ai196.photobucket.com_albums_aa13_wfdstation42_elightbars_P1010676.jpg

I know what your thinking, eeh, just another blue lens bites the dust, right? guess again, scroll down to see what lens that big chunk is out of.......

ai196.photobucket.com_albums_aa13_wfdstation42_elightbars_P1010677.jpg

ai196.photobucket.com_albums_aa13_wfdstation42_elightbars_P1010678.jpg

I want to cry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben G

May 24, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Bought 2 that were stacked same way. One had stress cracks but not through and through like the ones pictured. Mine were NOS red SD lenses. And they are for sale ( 1 with and 1 without cracks ). Ben

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
That SUCKS!!!! Was the package insured or is the shipper at least going to do right by you?

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
:jawdrop: You're right. I do want to cry. :sadcry: That really sucks. I hope you filed a claim, or the seller is going to refund atleast part of your money.

fyrboy

May 24, 2010
NC
I've started giving instructions to the shippers . . . explicit instructions, after I pay. It's paid off, but it sure is unfortuante to have to do it.

CFD125

May 21, 2010
Carver, Mass.
I'm sorry for your loss.

I too have been giving specific packaging instructions to shippers for quite a while now. It helps quite a bit.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Case of poor packaging. Sorry to see those domes destroyed. :sadcry:

wfdstation42

May 23, 2010
USA/FL
I sent him an email right after seeing the carnage and got a reply from him this morning telling me to either file a claim with USPS or send them back and he'll file the claim. I've requested the necessary information from him that I'll need to start the claim. Hopefully USPS won't be dicks about it.

guy m.

May 23, 2010
Honesdale, PA 18431
I had a claim with usps last month on a broken item, it took only 1 week and I got a check for the full amount of the insurance amount.

wfdstation42 said:
I sent him an email right after seeing the carnage and got a reply from him this morning telling me to either file a claim with USPS or send them back and he'll file the claim. I've requested the necessary information from him that I'll need to start the claim. Hopefully USPS won't be dicks about it.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I once had to file a claim for damaged goods with the USPS. They took the package and about a week later I received a check.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.