Young Female Police Chief Faces Off With Pa. Trooper

"What I'm hoping to accomplish is to keep the peace between the state police and my borough," LeViere said. "If you can't get along with your neighbor, how do you expect countries to get along?"

I think that quote sums it up well.

mfaith91 said:
"What I'm hoping to accomplish is to keep the peace between the state police and my borough," LeViere said. "If you can't get along with your neighbor, how do you expect countries to get along?"

I think that quote sums it up well.
+1

I believe the trooper to be out of line with this citation. Like the article states, there has to be a back story for "that trooper" to write "that Chief of Police" a speeding ticket. I think any other officer would have gotten professional courtesy and let go. The Chief was in uniform for Christs sake. No excuse for speeding, but still............

cajunblitz said:
+1

I believe the trooper to be out of line with this citation. Like the article states, there has to be a back story for "that trooper" to write "that Chief of Police" a speeding ticket. I think any other officer would have gotten professional courtesy and let go. The Chief was in uniform for Christs sake. No excuse for speeding, but still............
Well I'm definitely going to disagree - to some extent. First, none of us were at the stop or (so far) have personal knowledge. Second, she contested the citation and lost. Third, although there was an IA initiated, I see no indication that it was substantiated as of the article being published.

I would say that there's not nearly enough info to conclude that one or the other side is in the right.

Yes she's an attractive woman. On that point I agree with at least one other poster.

RolnCode3 said:
Yes she's an attractive woman. On that point I agree with at least one other poster.

I don't know how to put into writing how strongly I dissagree with that statement, lol.

vonirkinshtine said:
I don't know how to put into writing how strongly I dissagree with that statement, lol.
I feel like we're about to have "The Office" debate about whether she's hot or not, like they did re: Hillary Swank.

RolnCode3 said:
Well I'm definitely going to disagree - to some extent. First, none of us were at the stop or (so far) have personal knowledge. Second, she contested the citation and lost. Third, although there was an IA initiated, I see no indication that it was substantiated as of the article being published.

I would say that there's not nearly enough info to conclude that one or the other side is in the right.

Are you saying that you would write a neighboring towns Chief in uniform for, at worst, 15mph over ? Isn't that at your discretion or do you have a mandated "write them all up" policy?

Does your department have a professional courtesy policy on writing other departments, especially higher ranks, like Chiefs?

Something like this happened here awhile ago whereas one agency wrote a high rank of another agency for speeding, and it resulted in nasty riff between both agencies where the written wouldn't back up the writer on calls and other nasty things etc. It took a big sit down between the bigwigs and the writing/offending officers to get it cleared up. In my opinion it was a mess not worth making just to thump chests and show no professional courtesy.

I'm not taking either side, but if I was that trooper and had no beef with that Chief, I ain't writing her for that. It might be her that backs me up on a stop one night and saves my ass. I don't know about you but I don't shit where I eat.

vonirkinshtine said:

I've seen ALOT better women and for some reason she looks older than 26 (could be work related stress adding to age advancement)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381