Your favourite 'weird' vehicles, some real, some "photoshops"

The Australian police vehicle looks like some sort of police hearse. Then again, 'Straya is the land of Mad Max. Having known more than a few Aussies, Mad Max is actually a documentary and kangaroos do box people (seriously). A police hearse would be very useful in a country where everything is venomous and Bogans run wild.

The Dublin Civil Defence vehicle is likely full of Shillelaghs, pot still whiskey, Guinness, more whiskey, more Guinness, potatoes and Shillelaghs that double as whiskey flasks. I know this because I have a ton of Irish heritage and actually do own both Shillelaghs and Irish whiskey in quantity. Drinking and bludgeoning is in our blood.

Now, if it was Belfast, it'd be a totally different story. Said truck would be a Scimitar IFV instead. Reminds me of a story about a company commander I had on a training course in the Army. British Army exchange officer. Mountain of a man and utterly fearless. Personification of the British stiff upper lip. We'd hear all sorts of crazy stories about him when he was on tour. One was when he was a Junior Subaltern (2Lt) in Northern Ireland. IRA fighters threw a nail bomb at the British soldiers. Said nail bomb landed squarely between him and his commanding officer. Without a moment's hesitation, he immediately picked it up and chucked it back at the IRA fighters. Nail bomb lands next to the IRA's vehicle and detonates. IRA fighters dispersed.

OP
OP
JazzDad

JazzDad

Just Another Faceless Member
Silver Supporter
Is that CD vehicle on a Defender chassis?

OP
OP
JazzDad

JazzDad

Silver Supporter
Oh, I need one of these! (Never mind that I'm in a rural department.)

Oh, I need one of these! (Never mind that I'm in a rural department.)

Looks cool and all but totally would not work lol. It would tip over and kill some liberal arts professor or something while trying to go to the call and people would freak out. Plus once it arrived on scene....if it ever did arrive the air turbulence in between those buildings would make that thing so unstable it would crash and burn into one of the buildings hopefully taking out another College Liberal Arts Professor in the process.

Jarred J.

Archive Expert
Silver Supporter
I don't see why it wouldn't just fly to the scene and then drop the water line.

OP
OP
JazzDad

JazzDad

Silver Supporter
It obviously wasn't created by someone who knows FF equipment, or basic laws of physics. It's fun though.

And Station 3, about it tipping over -

Jarred J.

Archive Expert
Silver Supporter
Well I see they took off

OP
OP
JazzDad

JazzDad

Silver Supporter
How would you like to be assigned this vehicle?

Sussex.jpg

IDK if I'd be more upset over the fact that its a station wagon, or that...thing....on the roof...

OP
OP
JazzDad

JazzDad

Silver Supporter
Let's stay with the bike theme for a moment.

Scot Scoot.jpg

OP
OP
JazzDad

JazzDad

Silver Supporter
A snow plow? I thought it was a box blade.

Jarred J.

Archive Expert
Silver Supporter
unlike JDI products.. if you look close enough you can see the plow up front.. it also has "driveway markers" on it as feelers...

Similar. No windows other than windshield, Rear window, and Driver & Passenger front?
Oh, and it was a hiddeous Green/blue color scheme...

Imagine this, but on a HHR...

OP
OP
JazzDad

JazzDad

Silver Supporter
I like the rental RVs that have a graphic in the window of the passenger door. They have one with smiling kids peering out, and one with a dog looking out. The RV rental location near Roswell, NM has a little green man peeking out that door window.

OP
OP
JazzDad

JazzDad

Silver Supporter
An identification aid for UK emergency vehicles:
Battenburg.jpg
Credit: Wikipedia

Sparky_911

Gold Supporter
:eek:. I want a fleet...

Jarred J.

Archive Expert
Silver Supporter
Yeah and spec for wouldn't need a million lights.... Night vision, FLIR, etc...

Top Bottom