Your source(s) for warning equipment

GaryErrol

May 28, 2010
Indianapolis
Mine have come from an ELB member, a vendor distributor who at the time was a member of the old board, whom last I knew was now banned, some have come from eBay, others from distributors I found doing a Google search.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Moved to a more appropriate forum.

And for me- Wherever I can find the best deal overall, including shipping times/costs- which normally = ELB (or a vendor from ELB)

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
For collections: ELB, eBay, Craigslist, and Govdeals

For use: ELB, Sirennet, Priority 1, and Union Fire Equipment (Union, NJ) when I want to order something custom built. - I used to help out the owner when I was a kid

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
I try for used only from here. Then i buy new from the vendors/members here. Then I go to ebay, one time i browsed craigslist and found a good deal on lin6s, but mostly here. :D

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
I start on local ads, then here. I used a dealer once but it was so expensive; only to find ELB later on and get what I want for 1/4 of that price :D

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
toon80 said:
I start on local ads, then here. I used a dealer once but it was so expensive; only to find ELB later on and get what I want for 1/4 of that price :D
Canada sucks for pricing eh? :(

WhiteLite03

Oct 7, 2010
Middle Tennessee
My setup I put on my truck I got from Speed Tech Lights. They have pretty decent prices and shipping was reasonable and quick. Most of what they sell is LED, I think they have some HAW strobe stuff as well.

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
It depends on who gives me the best price. I had to buy gear for a bunch of vehicles with surplus money and spent $30K+. Sometimes I bought direct from the manufacturer, other times I bought from on-line vendors.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
WhiteLite03 said:
My setup I put on my truck I got from Speed Tech Lights. They have pretty decent prices and shipping was reasonable and quick. Most of what they sell is LED, I think they have some HAW strobe stuff as well.
My condolences to you and your vehicle.

WhiteLite03

Oct 7, 2010
Middle Tennessee
unlisted said:
My condolences to you and your vehicle.

lol, I now must ask why? :oops: I haven't had a lot of experience with them other than what I initially bought for the truck, but I haven't had any problems out of them so far. This was of course before I had discovered elightbars.org/forums... now I try to do all my shopping here. :mrgreen:

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Search for Speed Tech Lights on here. and/or the archive forum.. you will understand why. ;)

(not a good brand to say the least) Glad they are still working for you..

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
dude your so close to truckers lighthgouse in nashville and you bought that junk? :lol:

May 22, 2010
Central WV
WhiteLite03 said:
lol, I now must ask why? :oops: I haven't had a lot of experience with them other than what I initially bought for the truck, but I haven't had any problems out of them so far. This was of course before I had discovered elightbars.org/forums... now I try to do all my shopping here. :mrgreen:

They have a bad reputation around here. Besides, for what they cost, you can get a brand name piece of equipment from a member on here for the same price or just a little bit more. If you need something in the future feel free to contact me or one of the other dealers here on the board and on3e of us I'm sure will be able to help you out with whatever it is you are looking for.

WhiteLite03

Oct 7, 2010
Middle Tennessee
Jarred J. said:
dude your so close to truckers lighthgouse in nashville and you bought that junk? :lol:

I have been to truckers, and I've bought a switchbox and equipment rack from them, but their prices are a bit steeeeeeep for my budget. :shock: Plus I have to drive to Nashville, and I hate doing that. lol. Our dept does have an account there though, so occasionally we'll slip in there and get a part or an upgrade for the dept vehicles if we can slip it past the budget nazi's at the city. :cool: Either way, I didn't know about the board at the time I bought the STL lights, and to their credit, they've performed better than I expected so far, I've not had any issues other than the dashlight changing patterns occasionally, but I'm not sure that's not caused by the wire hitting the pattern button on the back of the light on rough roads. *shrug* I now know better kemosabe, and will adjust my purchases accordingly. :D

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
yeah you dont have to tell me about their ass raping prices. when tir 3s first came out i bought a pair there. they were trying to charge $80 a piece. I plain and simply told them they were smoking some good crack i cant afford department prices and that i could get a pair online for their price for one.

So they dropped the price down to 45 a piece then charged me 20 dollars for a set of mounthing brackets. :roll:

needless to say i havent bought much more from them and mainly go up there to look at the wall of lights once a year just to see that it hasnt changed in atleast 2 years.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.