your suggestions for cleaning twinsonic mirrors?

gpd132

May 24, 2010
Gulfport, MS
any suggestions for cleaning up twinsonic mirrors? they look pretty good, just wondering how to shine em up a bit more but without scratching them. Sometimes left up to my own ideas disaster occurs.

May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
I use meguiars products, they have an awesome metal polish. Comes in a small tan plastic jar. Unfortunately it is discontinued but can still be found on eBay and some auto supply stores.

I use it for almost everything, even cleans and shines painted surfaces.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
I bought a pot of Maguire's mag and aluminum polish.

Mostly for speaker grill polishing... Will it safely work on polished aluminum mirrors too?

I guess so but I'd like some input from someone before making a possible mess...

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I would think any aluminum and mag wheel polish would work well. Back when I had my hot rod Torino, I would polish the aluminum wheels with Mother's aluminum and mag wheel polish and ended up with a mirror shine. Worked great on the cast aluminum valve covers too!

6043ron

Jun 3, 2010
USA/Pennsylvania
What exactally are these Twinsonic mirrors made of anyways ? They look like a polished stainless steel grade to me but the metal seems so thin.

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
They are aluminum with an *alzac coating on them. Corrected. teehee

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.