Your YouTube Advice

DalmatProd

Dec 26, 2011
USA - FL
Several of you have asked me about the origination of my screen name, "DalmatProd." It's short for our TV production company, Dalmatian Productions, Inc. We are currently working on the initial script for the pilot of a new, dramatic series that deals with a section of the fire service. I'll keep you all posted as we progress.

However, several years ago we produced our first reality pilot, "America's Heroes: The Men & Women of Fire/Rescue." While we got significant play in Europe, the Middle and Far East, our distributor failed miserably in the U.S. In actuality, we were "before our time."

One of my partners has recently posted the entire episode on YouTube at America's Heroes, The Men & Women of Fire/Rescue #101 - YouTube and we've recently passed 200 views. I know that many of you use YouTube to demonstrate your lights, sirens, POV,s responses, etc. Thus our question is, what can we do to drive more traffic to our YouTube site? We'd love to see this go viral, especially within the one million plus audience of the fire-rescue service. There are nine stories, with interviews, from career, combo, and volunteer companies. Some are very serious, i.e. MVC's, trench rescue, etc., and some are light, i.e. dog rescue, etc.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve Greene

Creator & Executive Producer

Dalmatian Productions, Inc.

"DalmatProd"

Last edited by a moderator:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
DalmatProd said:
One of my partners has recently posted the entire episode on YouTube at http://bit.ly/1bEgH3g and we've recently passed 200 views. ... Thus our question is, what can we do to drive more traffic to our YouTube site? ...

Er, the link didn't work for me.

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Link does not work, but I know how to use Google.

To get more traffic you need to advertize it by posting it on social media sites in general related conversations. Post in forum boards in related conversations, email it to people, etc. The reason a video goes viral is that people pass it along to each other, so advertise it.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
K9Vic said:
Link does not work, but I know how to use Google.

Same here, but not many people will go to the effort. (BTW, I liked the extrication video.)

DalmatProd

Dec 26, 2011
USA - FL
I apologize for the broken link and thanks to K9Vic for taking the time to use Google to find the site. Also, thanks for the advice and I'll advise my partners to follow through, as I hope you gentleman will do as well.

Thanks again,

Steve

Let's try this new bit.ly address: America's Heroes, The Men & Women of Fire/Rescue #101 - YouTube

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
It seems very similar to an 80's/90's era emergency type show, like Rescue 911. Personally, I like that look, and probably many people who grew up with those or were in emergency services in that era would too, but you'd probably get a better response from the general public and such if it looked like a more modern looking production.

DalmatProd

Dec 26, 2011
USA - FL
Cowboy,

Thanks for the excellent feedback. This was was indeed produced back in 1999-2001. It is NOT the show we're working on currently. The new show is a one-hour, procedural drama and will not have anything to do along the lines of "Chicago Fire."

Thanks again,

Steve

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idk

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.