Yuma Sheriff's F-150 SVT Raptor

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
nice truck ,but what they spent for 1 raptor without a warning package they could of bought another 4x4 loaded and outfitted with lights and had money left over to partially cover another either car or 4x4

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
TCO said:
nice truck ,but what they spent for 1 raptor without a warning package they could of bought another 4x4 loaded and outfitted with lights and had money left over to partially cover another either car or 4x4
Which raptor are you talking about? The one in that post clearly has a lightbar and other LEDs.

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
nerdly_dood said:
Which raptor are you talking about? The one in that post clearly has a lightbar and other LEDs.

He knows that. What he is saying is that for what they spent for the truck INITIALLY (post warning package), they could have bought a 4x4 and had $$$ left over for another vehicle. However, what Id say to TCO is that this is no ordinary 4x4 and is more expensive due to the modifications added in the factory.

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
ISU_Cyclone said:
He knows that. What he is saying is that for what they spent for the truck INITIALLY (post warning package), they could have bought a 4x4 and had $$$ left over for another vehicle. However, what Id say to TCO is that this is no ordinary 4x4 and is more expensive due to the modifications added in the factory.[/quote:2bxao9du]

dont get me wrong,the raptor is a great truck and i am impressed on how it looks as a response vehicle .with the aftermarket parts it is rolling off the line with i can see why they range anywhere from 40-58k. yes i understand the use they have for it but for once i was talking from the tax payer standpoint. not trying to argue the point it was just my .02

RoaddoggAK

May 24, 2010
Erie, PA
I can't imagine that Ford didn't cut them some kind of a government price on it, also. The price difference between a (for example) retail F-250 4x4 ext. cab ($36,165 base) and a Council of Governments price ($24,944) that I can get is over $11,000. While I understand the sticker shock, I would have to imagine that there is a similar price difference built in to the Raptor, also. Also, the Raptor is a factory built off road vehicle, with factory warranties not possibly voided by the addition of the aftermarket parts that would be needed to bring a regular vehicle up to the standards they needed for the desert. Other then not being able to transport a prisoner with one, that's just freakin cool!

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
The Raptor is, so far, the best factory vehicle for use out there. Boarder Patrol is having some special made, with out leather ect. becasue they are so good. There is an article in Automobile magazine about it. They talk about how much more durable it will be over the F-250 with after market suspension parts.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
I'm the first to cry foul when money is frittered away on needless toys, no matter how cool they are (Saleen Mustang Police Package), but properly optioned out, like deleting a $4,000 audio system, the special projects vehicles can make a lot of sense. And I won't believe that Ford didn't cut them a break because of the free advertising and buzz these things will generate for them. PLus, IIRC Stone Garden is funded by grants, which in turn are often funded by adjudicated seizures and forfeitures.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.