Zone Technologies : Ford Interceptor Wig-Wag - Works at night!

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
I searched and didn't see anything, but I discovered a product from Canada that allows you to wig-wag the Ford Interceptor Shutter-style headlights.... AND it works at night! Rather than messing with the shutter, it dims the bulb to 40% at night, so you don't lose lighting. Check out the product video, pretty sweet! It's not plug an play like the FISOS, but it works! And really, who is scared of cutting wires these days anyways.... :popo:

Zone Technologies Wig-Wag for Ford Interceptor

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Interesting, thanks for posting!

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
MEVS06 said:
I would still rather support a board member who offers a plug and play system before cutting up the wiring to use this unit.

I'm with you. I'm a dealer for both, but I wanted to show that there was an option for nighttime use. Good to hear that the ERM will have updates soon :) Plug and Play rocks.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
MEVS06 said:
I would still rather support a board member who offers a plug and play system before cutting up the wiring to use this unit.

I agree as well, was just nice to see other different, new ideas out there!

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
Zapp Brannigan said:
I agree as well, was just nice to see other different, new ideas out there!

Maybe one of these fancy shops with the wire printer and the fancy stuff could make a plug-and-play for the Zone product?

Honestly... Ford just should've built an OEM module for it... I mean... I don't want to beat that dead horse, but.... really. :beat_deadhorse:

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
SirenWorld.com said:
Honestly... Ford just should've built an OEM module for it...

Exactly. And they shoulda used different LAWs than the Vertex, as long as we're on the topic.

Personally, I've grown fond of my set-up: leave the headlamps stock, and use Feniex Titan 100s in the grille hooked to C3 model 940 flasher. Got 'em set in an "X" pattern with my takedowns. Roughly 60-70 fpm, and very eye catching. Plus with the T100s at the top of the grille in the Explorer, they're at just the right height to shine directly in the back window of most sedans.

Zoe

May 28, 2010
Deerfield MA
SirenWorld.com said:
I'm with you. I'm a dealer for both, but I wanted to show that there was an option for nighttime use. Good to hear that the ERM will have updates soon :) Plug and Play rocks.

I really don't like wigwags at night... they cause shadows to shift and make it hard to judge both distance of objects and also discern between fixed objects on the side of the road versus moving ones like animals, people, bicycles... which may proceed out into my vehicle path.

That's why I advice against wigwag use at night.

$0.02

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
Zack said:
I really don't like wigwags at night... they cause shadows to shift and make it hard to judge both distance of objects and also discern between fixed objects on the side of the road versus moving ones like animals, people, bicycles... which may proceed out into my vehicle path.

That's why I advice against wigwag use at night.

$0.02

Virginia, and I assume that's the only state, does not allow headlight flashers to operate at night. I wish more manufacturers would include a night time cut off feature.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.