101_0494.jpg

101_0495.jpg

101_0496.jpg

101_0497.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

dcarrfire45

Feb 4, 2012
stafford ct
thank you, if i got a traffic advisor controller i could wire it up to do it. was a thought of mine to do. they are simple steady burn light heads so simple rewire could be done.

spc2315

Mar 27, 2011
Connecticut
Looks sick. I really like the 400s in the rear. My only suggestion is put leds in the rear instead of strobes but other than that awesome install!

dcarrfire45

Feb 4, 2012
stafford ct
thanks guys. i had the haw's kicking around so i threw em in. laws will be a future upgrade. was about to try to flush mount some tir3's into the back of the reverse lights but the size isnt right.

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
were you at the national fire academy last weekend because I saw a vehicle just like that. I love those 400's in the back. M4's and 400's are my favorite lightheads, it looks awesome.

V

VTfireftr

Very nice.

I would like to put a cbinet in my 2008, but I can't becuse there would be no room for my 3 dogs.

As per the hide aways, I prefer strobes over LED's. I strobed out my back up, and brake lights. Seperate circuits for each. Very effective and I don't have to use the clears at night.

Say hi to Jackie at the Speedway.

firefightin6

Jun 9, 2011
USA, East Coast
I really like it. Love the D8 in the grill.

Last edited by a moderator:

dcarrfire45

Feb 4, 2012
stafford ct
cbpdogboy said:
Have you thought about using a headlight flasher to alternate the off road lights with the headlights...maybe an x pattern?

the off road lights are hid's so they dont come on instantly and the controllers wouldnt like that either. also we are not allowed to have white flashing lights here. but i did think of doing that with the fog lights

dcarrfire45

Feb 4, 2012
stafford ct
RobK said:
Wow, I can't believe I haven't seen that vehicle on the road. I'll be on the lookout now.

Crystal Lake in the background?

Nice work!

No I live across from staffordville lake. And I go through somers almost every morn and night. I'm sure you have head it on the radio though as car 345

RobK

May 23, 2010
Tolland County, CT
dcarrfire45 said:
No I live across from staffordville lake. And I go through somers almost every morn and night. I'm sure you have head it on the radio though as car 345

Ah, ok. Like I said, surprised I haven't seen you.

Again, nice work on the install. Don't remember seeing how you control everything.

Have you thought about surfacing mounting anything on your mirrors? A pimp pod or something else with say, 4 or more LEDs? Maybe even linz6?

dcarrfire45

Feb 4, 2012
stafford ct
i have a havis console with the 7 switch plate. i thought about doing something flush mount on the mirrors but the wife is saying i have enough lights :hopeless: but im always watching for deals on that auction site.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
i have a whelen LED Traffic Advisor control box that i could let go. then you could flip over the two center heads and use the entire top row as an amber traffic advisor. you could keep the blues hooked to the flasher your using now

dcarrfire45

Feb 4, 2012
stafford ct
Storm4200 said:
i have a whelen LED Traffic Advisor control box that i could let go. then you could flip over the two center heads and use the entire top row as an amber traffic advisor. you could keep the blues hooked to the flasher your using now

I'm about to go on vacation, but shoot me a pm with an offer and when I get back ill see what I can do.

V

VTfireftr

The armrest is well worth the money.

The Havis console sits about 4 inches lower than the OEM console lid. You don't realize how much you rest your arm on the console lid until it's no longer there.

I regualrly see used arm rest on ebay.

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
Gorgeous and the cabinets in the back are amazing. My only tish with it is you might want to speed up the bar in your grill just a smidge. Not much, just a smidge. That's just my opinion. You don't want them too fast but you dont want them too slow either, and that bar looks a tad tad slow.

dcarrfire45

Feb 4, 2012
stafford ct
JPolston said:
Gorgeous and the cabinets in the back are amazing. My only tish with it is you might want to speed up the bar in your grill just a smidge. Not much, just a smidge. That's just my opinion. You don't want them too fast but you dont want them too slow either, and that bar looks a tad tad slow.

thank you, i have the bar in the grill on random so sometimes its fast and sometimes its slower. gives it a little of everything.

spc2315

Mar 27, 2011
Connecticut
Got to see this truck today at cabelas while making a trade....video doesn't do a justice. Very clean setup hope to be seeing the patriot on it soon ;)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.