Wanted Beacon Ray Junior parts wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakarm34

May 21, 2010
Clemmons, NC
I need 3 things to put this beacon ray junior back online.  I'm looking for the small black gear, a magnifier lens and 3 skirt screws.  Let me know what you have.  Shipping to NC.  Thanks

IMG_5129.JPG

IMG_5130.JPG

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
Skirt screws are available at a decent hardware store being simple oval-head, flat-blade, stainless screws. 

I may have a lens but i'd hafta dig deep. 

Those fiber gears are truly hen's teeth and as a result, in the past, I have had brass replacements made by a watch-maker in Texas. It wasn't cheap but it was exact and will never wear-out!

Last edited by a moderator:

dakarm34

May 21, 2010
Clemmons, NC
Aright. Good to know. The gear on the motor is fine. It's the other one what's bad. Any chance you'd share with me their contact info? I won't resell or anything I just want to get one.

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
Aright. Good to know. The gear on the motor is fine. It's the other one what's bad. Any chance you'd share with me their contact info? I won't resell or anything I just want to get one.

I'll have to dig pretty deep to locate that contact. That was many moons ago! Give me some time and i'll see what I can come up with! No promises but I'll give it the ol' college try! That figure, if I remember correctly, was in the $80 range...are you prepared to spend that much? I sure wasn't but the unit was useless w/o that gear and it was hand-made... not only that but i had committed to the deal when UI sent the old one down there. I saved the old gear in the event I ever needed another template. i was hoping, maybe to find someone whom might be able to do some 3D printing of another, someday! Same with a recent issue I had w/ a FBII gear that was also obsolete but THAT one I was able to find! 

Last edited by a moderator:

dakarm34

May 21, 2010
Clemmons, NC
Well for that cost skip it. I paid $75 for the light I'll see if I can sell it and recoup it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhaberny

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.