Feniex Apollo!

elite907

May 23, 2010
Indiana, USA
I just talked to them yesterday afternoon and I was told the Apollo series would be brought out be the end of this year,They are hoping.

I was also told that within the next month or 2 they will have a new addition to the Cannon family.

This will be some kind of 3 way lighthead that will allow you to run them as turn signals and parking lights in the vehicles.

Not sure what that means ,But it sounded interesting.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
elite907 said:
I just talked to them yesterday afternoon and I was told the Apollo series would be brought out be the end of this year,They are hoping.
I was also told that within the next month or 2 they will have a new addition to the Cannon family.

This will be some kind of 3 way lighthead that will allow you to run them as turn signals and parking lights in the vehicles.

Not sure what that means ,But it sounded interesting.

That's not news... I mentioned it when I introduced the cannon to ELB. Its not a three way lighthead. It is a three input flasher on the lighthead instead of the two input flasher that the Cannon currently has. This allows you to set a different flash pattern for each input wire.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
How awesome would it be if they made that into a "900" series lighthead.. (either by massive population of led's/reflectors or by increasing the size of the reflectors to fill the housing...) :yes:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
unlisted said:
How awesome would it be if they made that into a "900" series lighthead.. (either by massive population of led's/reflectors or by increasing the size of the reflectors to fill the housing...) :yes:

I think everyone will be impressed by what feniex has developed for the large footprint lightheads

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
unlisted said:

That may or may not be in the pipeline. :cool:

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
FEVER said:
That's not news... I mentioned it when I introduced the cannon to ELB. Its not a three way lighthead. It is a three input flasher on the lighthead instead of the two input flasher that the Cannon currently has. This allows you to set a different flash pattern for each input wire.

This should be the light they had in the first set of wiring instructions. Should give it the option of "cruise" or low power to use as a running light...I hope.

elite907

May 23, 2010
Indiana, USA
FreshDave04 said:
That may or may not be in the pipeline. :cool:

I thought I saw a video of Alex at a EMS conference where they showed am Ambulance in I think New Mexico and they said the larger light heads were in the works.

Nick@Feniex

Dec 23, 2010
Texas
The team gave me approval to share what I have so far. What do you guys think? 4x6 / 3x7 / 9x10 is coming but for 2014 I think. Attached is the 3x7

-Gary

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Oh, that's going to kick A$$

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
Feniex said:
The team gave me approval to share what I have so far. What do you guys think? 4x6 / 3x7 / 9x10 is coming but for 2014 I think. Attached is the 3x7

-Gary

View attachment 51990

View attachment 51991

View attachment 51992

I very much like these drafts! Very glad to see feniex getting into larger light heads. I do believe that was some of the problem was that you had nothing over an inch tall, which in itself such powerful low profile lightheads were amazing, but can only fit certain applications. With larger lightheads I believe you will see a massive boost in sales. And will skyrocket you into what could become the "Big Four"

Is there any ideas for a larger (thickness) avatar in the future?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
FusionWolf said:
Is there any ideas for a larger (thickness) avatar in the future?

These Apollo modules will eventually be made into a light bar.

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
The way the light causes lines during the flashes is ridiculous. I haven't seen something look that bright on a video in a while. I just may be getting ahold of one of these for my rear warning. Can't wait to see the dual dashlight.

parall4x

Oct 12, 2012
USA
Greatly anticipating details on the warning sticks for the Apollo series. I was just about to order a Cobra 600 when the news of the Apollo series broke. I'm very curious about whether oblique side flash guards will be present on the interior version of the (not yet revealed) Apollo warning sticks, as this will kind of influence my decision between the Cobra and the Apollo series.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
It would be nice to see the guards as an option, also independent color control on the dual color modules (without having to scroll through patterns)

elite907

May 23, 2010
Indiana, USA
But you know with these Apollo lightheads mounted on a mirror,pushbar or bumper will give SOS,Whelen a run for their money.

Since it'll do a 180* light spread. Same as the Intersector for a fraction of the cost.

smackjack21

Aug 22, 2012
Upstate NY
I like the continuous innovations Feniex is putting out, however I feel like the price point isn't quite as much "bang for the buck" as the cannons are... That being said, I'm sure they will sell the crap out of these, and Im looking forward to see what else these end up being in! Keep up the great work Feniex!!!

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Feniex said:

-Gary

View attachment 51990

View attachment 51991

View attachment 51992

I can only imagine what the 9x10 will look like... and with that... You got to release them before 2014!! Mid Summer please!

Oh, ANY ROUGH (ballpark) idea on pricing (for any of the larger lightheads)? Comon, you know you want to make my day!

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Feniex said:

-Gary

View attachment 51990

View attachment 51991

View attachment 51992

Well I wish these were on the damn market already, I am in the process of upgrading multiple apparatus with LED lights. I can not wait to see these. I know they will be impressive.

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
Does the dash light have 2 modes if yes could you use it's a supplement to the factory brake lights and have warning mode over ride it that would be awesome

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
mdlighting said:
Does the dash light have 2 modes if yes could you use it's a supplement to the factory brake lights and have warning mode over ride it that would be awesome

As a Feniex master distributor, I can't say with 100% certainty that the specific function you're requesting would be available, I've had some odd customer requests in the past and if Feniex can somehow customize the product to suit the customer's needs, they'll do it.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
mdlighting said:

Yes it is possible. It has the triple flash steady for this reason.

parall4x said:
The dual color Apollo F-6 was a little confusing; does it randomly alternate between white and amber?

Doesn't do it randomly.. you have to set the pattern to that. They have single color and dual color flash patterns. All the video did was circulate the flash patterns.

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
Does the apollo use 3 or 6 leds for the single color application? How about dual color application?

Only 1 website so far has mentioned how many leds it uses. I think most people would expect 3 lenses = 3 leds, but look at the pre-order prices and get confused as to why a 3 led lighthead is the same price as the t6. I think there should be more emphasis on it being 6 leds per light head (if it is).

Source;

Florida Emergency Vehicle Equipment & Repair

ai.imgur.com_Skz59sO.png

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
bluestinger90 said:
Does the apollo use 3 or 6 leds for the single color application? How about dual color application?

Only 1 website so far has mentioned how many leds it uses. I think most people would expect 3 lenses = 3 leds, but look at the pre-order prices and get confused as to why a 3 led lighthead is the same price as the t6. I think there should be more emphasis on it being 6 leds per light head (if it is).

Source;

Florida Emergency Vehicle Equipment & Repair

ai.imgur.com_Skz59sO.png

Dual color is only 3 leds of each color per module and single color will have 6 leds of each color. Pretty much the same way all dual color lights are made. What feniex has done is squeezed two leds into each optic for the purposes of dual color. After receiving feedback, they smartly did not remove leds for single color and instead kept them in for those customers. :thumbsup:

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
So technically your lowering the intensity with a two color interweave (the term dual color reserved for actual products that use dual color LEDs) lighthead. Correct?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
badge22 said:
So technically your lowering the intensity with a two color interweave (the term dual color reserved for actual products that use dual color LEDs) lighthead. Correct?

Negative... most dual color lights simply have extra LEDs, not color changing LEDS.

The goal with this light was to make it dual color, however, not everyone wants dual color lights. It gives incentive to those customers that want a solid color light.

Just imagine how much better off the lin6 duo would be if they offered making the single color version with all 12 LEDS like feniex is doing with Apollo. The lin6 duo is really a LIN12 interwoven like you say.

Last edited by a moderator:

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Right, most dual color LED lights have additional LEDs because there is a patent on the technology from Axixtech, who produces dual color LED products not just two or three color products which this amounts to.

This is two color technology, not dual or color changing. It confuses customers. And yes, I talking about the people that purchase these products and don't get on this board. I can see the reduced output being a sales issue even though it is probably trivial. Your talking 3 LEDs vs 6 LEDs.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
badge22 said:
Right, most dual color LED lights have additional LEDs because there is a patent on the technology from Axixtech, who produces dual color LED products not just two or three color products which this amounts to.

This is two color technology, not dual or color changing. It confuses customers. And yes, I talking about the people that purchase these products and don't get on this board. I can see the reduced output being a sales issue even though it is probably trivial. Your talking 3 LEDs vs 6 LEDs.

This appears to be the way of the industry. Axxixtech has proven to be somewhat unsuccessful and their dual color was only available in certain combinations.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
@thebluesignal

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.