New Company: Feniex

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
That still makes no sense... a synonym is "A word having the same or nearly the same meaning as another word or other words in a language".... So that is awkwad english to say the least. Awkward "ingrish" on a sign talking about how it's an american company.....

Anyway, from what I can see the stuff is basically tir style leds... anyone have any more info or close up shots?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Wow, the same style gen III LEDs that everyone makes..... and I'd select these over whelen, sound off, federal, PimpPods etc why?

CenTexPSE

May 21, 2010
Covington, TX
Thier "Python" Dominator lookalikes dont even come assembled! You have to pay extra for assembly, or have it shipped to you in pieces!

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
CenTexPSE said:
Thier "Python" Dominator lookalikes dont even come assembled! You have to pay extra for assembly, or have it shipped to you in pieces!
Wow...

Also.. LOVE THE ENGRISH!!

feniex website said:
I'll assembly it

Assembly it for me $25

May 22, 2010
Central WV
Interesting line up of generic products. Nothing new or cutting edge there.

Why is the interior bar assembled only $200ish? It has 10 heads and is less than the other light sticks, something isn't right there.

Their touchscreen interface looks nice though, but i wouldn't expect a lot from it.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
aberfitchguy2472 said:
Why is the interior bar assembled only $200ish? It has 10 heads and is less than the other light sticks, something isn't right there.

Their touchscreen interface looks nice though, but i wouldn't expect a lot from it.

You have to select colors- the 200 ish base price is only for the metal housing.. :lol: :lol:

Touchscreen I WAS interested in- until I read it is simply a add on to a computer system. Make something like that totally stand alone and they MAY get my attention..

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
May 22, 2010
Central WV
unlisted said:
You have to select colors- the 200 ish base price is only for the metal housing.. :lol: :lol:

Touchscreen I WAS interested in- until I read it is simply a add on to a computer system. Make something like that totally stand alone and they MAY get my attention..

Oh, well that's shitty. I can make a metal housing for $200 lol.

The touchscreen is only a computer add on? That sucks.

I guess I didn't care enough to read through it all lol. Let me know if you find something interesting or worthwhile.

Oh, Happy Thanksgiving all! Have a happy and SAFE one :)

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
they are def. affordable. but im not to sure about em. still way to new. and from what i saw i wasnt to impressed with em. looks like they need to be field tested by someone and then a full review on em but until than i dont know.

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
jonny521 said:
they are def. affordable. but im not to sure about em. still way to new. and from what i saw i wasnt to impressed with em. looks like they need to be field tested by someone and then a full review on em but until than i dont know.

I nominate...you! That way when you throw your money away, it won't be some other poor sucker that did it for you.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
kinnelonfire75 said:
I nominate...you! That way when you throw your money away, it won't be some other poor sucker that did it for you.
And now you all know why I prefer to do free product testing... :cool:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
wow. i was looking forward to the release of their website but i'm not impressed with them at all. (aside from the "gen 5" LEDs and the fact that they offer something a little more substantial than a 7-day guarantee, i really don't think they'll be much more popular w/ ppl here on the board than STL....IMHO, they're both just somewhat fancy websites with products that look legit but will be unimpressive and crap out on you/be DOA shortly after installation).

in all honesty, i personally don't see these being popular here when there are quality, proven products from pimp and herschel here @ better prices

John_Eguar

Aug 16, 2010
Feniex Industries Selects Future Lighting Solutions and Philips Lumileds for Python, Pegasus and Avatar Products

(Press Release) – Nov 23, 2010 – MONTREAL, CANADA (November 23 2010) – Feniex Industries, a leading light bar manufacturer, has named the partnership of Future Lighting Solutions and Philips Lumileds as its supplier of choice for their Python, Pegasus and Avatar series of products. Each of these leading edge products are stealth and thin in design and feature industry leading LUXEON Rebel technology from Philips Lumileds.

Together with the help of Future Lighting Solutions, Feniex Industries was quickly able to go from concept, to design, to production in a very short period of time. "We recognized the potential in their solution and provided Feniex with complete access to our proprietary development tools. Using our Usable Light Tool, we quickly determined which LEDs would be most effective for their solution," said Anthony Sarakinos, Vice President of Americas Sales for Future Lighting Solutions.

"The modules are SAE certified and have intense brightness that is ideal for long range visibility in direct sunlight, an important feature often lacking in today's industry," explained Hamza Deyaf, President of Feniex Industries.

Deyaf continued, "We believe that the LUXEON brand, which stands for superior quality, reliability and intense brightness, is something our customers value and appreciate." Feniex Industries is one of the only emergency vehicle lighting manufacturers using LUXEON Rebel as a standard in all of its products.

About Future Lighting Solutions

Future Lighting Solutions (www.futurelightingsolutions.com) is a leading provider of LED lighting components and support services for solid-state lighting products and installations, including engineering expertise, concept development, full system solutions and online tools that accelerate quality application development. The company is a division of Future Electronics.

Media Contact:

Matthew Rotholz

Future Lighting Solutions

Matthew.Rotholz@FutureElectronics.com

www.FutureLightingSolutions.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i found this online when i Googled their name. let me know if anyone has used them before and can give me some feedback, buying from a new company is hard sometimes.

cory y

May 21, 2010
Im still withholding my opinions about the products untill i actually see one in active use

and I told everybody that the touchscreen controller was just an auxiliary computer screen after i saw them at the enforcement expo in dallas

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
Okay, here's what I noticed after spending about half an hour on their site and not about 5 minutes that it seems like most people are spending on it.

Python T-4:

- I don't like how the light heads themselves do not have mounting tabs. Only the flanges have mounting abilities. I begin to question strength when mounting in an area that is subject to harsh conditions.

- They are SAE certified

Python 200-1000 Series:

- I do like the assembly option for the following reasons:

- Allows people who want a "project" to build it themselves

- Customizability: You aren't limited to the way manufacturers make the product. You can set them up exactly how you want them with options of take downs, STT lights, work lights, California Red, empty slots, and normal warning lights. All without voiding warranty.

- Everything is plug-and-play, so you can move everything around to suit your needs or change set up when needed.

- Variable end caps: By switching end caps you can choose between flush mount and normal bracket mount.

[Broken External Image]:https://www.feniex.com/picture_library/1691578383_large.jpg

- I am worried about the clips that hold the light heads in place though. They are made of plastic and if you accidentally break off a tab, it seems like the lights will come lose and risk falling out of the housing.

[Broken External Image]:https://www.feniex.com/picture_library/810295984_large.jpg

That's just what I have noticed so far, but for now I am going to go eat, drink, and be merry, so I'll continue poking around later.

CT-Lighting

May 24, 2010
Bell Co., TX

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
CT-Lighting said:
DaveCN5
Whelen Dominator has the same "little plastic" thing holding the LED's. :?

Correct, they do use clips. However, they are no where near the same, but very similar. I cannot find a picture of them, but the whelen clips have 4 sides to them. They have the retaining tabs on the top and bottom like the Feniex clips, but also have "stoppers" on the sides to prevent the light head from coming loose by covering the mounting tabs on the actual light head.

There are no mounting tabs at all on the Feniex light heads. So if the clip has a retaining tab break off, it can cause extra movement and play in the light head and possibly (not definitely) allow the light head to move and maybe even come free.

CT-Lighting said:
I bet if they slapped the "W" you wouldn't be so worried about the "clips"

:roll: No, because Whelen actually has better designed clips. I'm not even sure if how I explained that even makes sense to you, but what ever.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
I bet those Fairy hideaways kick ass with 8 4-watt leds!!!! I think i'll pick up a set of those hide aways and a set of those tir4 leds!

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Fast LT1 said:
I bet those Fairy hideaways kick ass with 8 4-watt leds!!!!
I bet ya good $$ they are not being driven anywhere NEAR their rated capacity.. (Same story with the Axixtech TRI's- they are underdriven as well) :shock:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
LEDs are LEDs... the designs are similar, almost all modern ones are plenty bright. If they get much brighter they will be dangerous. There is nothing new or special here. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with these... they just aren't anything special.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
unlisted said:
I bet ya good $$ they are not being driven anywhere NEAR their rated capacity.. (Same story with the Axixtech TRI's- they are underdriven as well) :shock:

Sheesh its hard to think those Tri's could get any brighter! I already can't look at them at night!

John_Eguar

Aug 16, 2010
Fast LT1 said:
Sheesh its hard to think those Tri's could get any brighter! I already can't look at them at night![/quote:1y5bvflf]

thats very true, i have this whelen tirs and they are bright, but to me its not about night time. even the china shit is bright as hell at night. whats important to me is DAY TIME. just how bright are these lights during the day? has anyone bought them yet?

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
The products look pretty sweet i would shell out the cash for one of there new products any day before the Whelen i dont know why all you people get moist with whelen products i bet if STL stamped WHELEN on everything they sold you guys would all end up and agree that STL is gods gift to the world also :lol: :roll:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Station 3 said:
The products look pretty sweet i would shell out the cash for one of there new products any day before the Whelen i dont know why all you people get moist with whelen products i bet if STL stamped WHELEN on everything they sold you guys would all end up and agree that STL is gods gift to the world also :lol: :roll:

Are are you trolling or do you seriously like this stuff?

Not really. Whelen provides products that work that they stand behind. Even though I prefer whelen stuff I have often said I'll use any major brand that fits and costs the right amount. Feniex stuff looks like every other company w/o the benifit of being established. I haven't actually touched this stuff yet, so I'll with hold final judgement... but what about their stuff looks any better than Federal, Whelen or any other company? Instead of comparing the stuff to whelen, which you obviously have something against, compare it to the industry in general. What specific features about this stuff makes you willing to "shell out the cash for one of "there" new products before [any other company]"? Can you expand on what specific things about this stuff make it look that much better than the products that are out there currently from FedSig, Code3, Whelen, soundoff?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RetLt2020

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.