PA20a wiring

Ejr8117

May 5, 2023
Georgia
Hi, I’m looking for the wiring diagram for a PA20a. Specifically I just need to know which of the posts on the back are 12v+, Ground, and SPKs.

Thanks!

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
UJbD0dv.png

Source: https://www.fedsig.com/sites/default/files/resource_library_document/255A201.pdf

Reactions: JohnMarcson
Jun 18, 2013
PA
I'm casting thread resurrection on this.. I have 2 PA20a sirens I am working on, this wiring diagram is either wrong or flipped.

Serials are a D and E variant.

The wiring schematic is for series B.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Benno

Jul 17, 2011
Germany
The wiring diagram in the Install and service manual for the D and E series looks identical, minus pin 7 and 8. These two have no function there.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
So this is the pinout of my 2 devices. Hence why I said flipped.
I opened the one up, and I am cleaning it out.. I may need to get a meter on it, but neither of the above wiring pinouts are correct.

Vertical Pin in the upper left I believe is + as it appears to be going to the fuse. Vertical Pin lower left could possibly be ground, but I cannot confirm that yet.

pa20a.png

Benno

Jul 17, 2011
Germany
So this is the pinout of my 2 devices. Hence why I said flipped.
I opened the one up, and I am cleaning it out.. I may need to get a meter on it, but neither of the above wiring pinouts are correct.

Vertical Pin in the upper left I believe is + as it appears to be going to the fuse. Vertical Pin lower left could possibly be ground, but I cannot confirm that yet.

View attachment 251329
Seems to me only mirror-inverted - I think the wiring diagrams show the termination assignment viewed from the outside (rear) and not from the inside.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
There are two versions of the PA20A:

The B, C, and D series (c. late 1960s) have deep slow rising wail and yelp tones.

The E series (c. 1970s) has fast rising high pitched wail and yelp tones.

Wiring should be the same for both versions.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiemartin6

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.