Whelen Steady Burn flickering

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
I installed a pair of Ion Trio's in the rear of my vehicle. I hooked the steady burn override to my reverse light wire, however, they flicker every few seconds when they're on. How can I remedy this flickering? Thanks

both of them flickering? if so i would ask what vehicle. if its a canbus controlled car the computer may not be playing well with the extra load.

Here's a video. I recorded it in SLOW MOTION to highlight the flickers. They alternate side to side as well it seems

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the cars CANBUS for sure.
Had the same issue with my truck. Looked exactly the same. And mine is a RAM so it is a Chrysler vehicle as is yours. Only way I got around mine was to use the trailer wiring.

I tried load resistors (2 different sizes) and that did not fix that flickering.
I also tried a capacitor (essentially, if not the same, as your aforementioned anti-flicker device) with no luck. Although I just guessed at the size of capacitor I would need, so maybe if you had the right sized one that would probably work.

I had an issue like this when I tried to use steady burn as an override on a ulf44.
The lights where not getting enough power.
Run a power for the white and trigger it with a relay see if that helps

This is a common occurrence in the Chryslers. Use a relay tripped by the reverse circuit and you'll be good to go.

Reactions: firebuff17
Wait, have you checked the lightheads to see if they flicker even with standard 12 volts?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minnesota_em_vehicles